Yamaha RX-V581 going into protection mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yamaha RX-V581 going into protection mode

Desolder and take out of circuit the output transistor one at a time measure with a analog meter BCE remembering they are paired transistors NPN & PNP
    you will probably find one is slightly leaking
    all so check the protection resistor on each channel 22ohm
    check their is a monolithic capacitor near the relay that runs the standby circuit on the power supply replace it
    ON A NOTE ALL BOARDS must have their Chasis EArth connected
    these units run a Pdetc circuit comparator if you have any differences in supply the Protect Pdetct will activate a shutdwn

Comment

Hello all,

New user and first time poster...

I am having the same issue with my RX-V650. The error is DC PRT:000E.

There is -38.7V on the SBL (Surround Back Left) speaker binding post. It changes to -51.7V if I switch the amp between 4ohms and 8ohms using the little toggle on the back near the SBL speaker terminals. The voltage matches what is on the negative rails, so it seems the voltage is leaking somewhere.

As far as I can tell, the voltage regulators on the main board are working well, I did replace two of them (7805 5V regulators and the matching capacitors).

The voltages on the diodes directly in front of the Relay for the offending channel seem correct: .1V, 12V and 24V. Maybe the switch itself is bad? How would I tell?

Any help would be appreciated. I am happy to attach any manuals or photos requested. @Sabertooth, were you ever able to fix your amp? So far this thread has been helpful, so I thought I'd reply here instead of starting a new thread.

Thanks again!
      -Jack

Comment

probably best to start a new thread and link a reference to this one - since it's a different model. Attaching any reference documents and schematics you found as well as photographs would help us help you.- since we don't have your equipment in front of us to probe.

Comment

Working...
        X