Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What frequency limit I should plan for when choosing oscilloscope for TV repair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What frequency limit I should plan for when choosing oscilloscope for TV repair?

People on eBay have some real delusions when they think their 50 year old oscilloscope is worth £500 because it's a "collector's item". Especially pisses me off to see faulty equipment never sold for hundreds of pounds - I'd happily pay £50 for a faulty signal generator, but who in their right mind pays 80% of the working price?
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Re: What frequency limit I should plan for when choosing oscilloscope for TV repair?

But, as long as there are people buying them, there will be people selling them.
      ------------signature starts here------------

Comment

Look at this one. I was going to try to get this myself, but it's only got 2.5k memory.
        http://www.ebay.com/itm/121547427072?redirect=mobile

Comment

Seriously don't bother with any low end Tek scope, they are just rubbish in my opinion.

Originally posted by lookimback View Post
          But, as long as there are people buying them, there will be people selling them.
          The sad thing is most of these companies don't sell the items they have, but they keep relisting because they hope for a stupid or desperate buyer. Now and then they pop up, but it's rare. Ugh.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Before I decided on the Rigol, I meant. I can't understand why someone would pay $300+ for, I think, an 11 year old scope. Also, I'm not 100% sure the DS1054Z can still be hacked the way it was before. I guess they patched it when they fixed the jitter issue. I wonder if you can downgrade the firmware though. I'll look into it. I'm sure it could be reflashed to an earlier version through JTAG if all else failed.

Comment

Hello, colleague! Please turn its attention to the RigoI ds2072. This unit can display pixel display with different brightness. Very good and very inexpensive oscilloscope.I use an oscilloscope with a bandwidth of 60 MHz, it is sufficient for reliable determination of signal lines lvds.

Comment

Originally posted by CAIIIA View Post
                Hello, colleague! Please turn its attention to the RigoI ds2072. This unit can display pixel display with different brightness. Very good and very inexpensive oscilloscope.I use an oscilloscope with a bandwidth of 60 MHz, it is sufficient for reliable determination of signal lines lvds.
                It is a nice scope. Better than DS1054Z if you only need two channels. But more expensive, so not necessarily worth it for the average TV repair.

Comment

Definitely nice, but not within my price range.

Comment

I use an ATTEN ADS 1062CAL 60hz (on loan to me till I don't need it anymore), seems to work pretty good. I am also still learning out how to use it!
                    Last edited by Shinju; 01-23-2015, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Before I decided on the Rigol, I meant. I can't understand why someone would pay $300+ for, I think, an 11 year old scope. Also, I'm not 100% sure the DS1054Z can still be hacked the way it was before. I guess they patched it when they fixed the jitter issue. I wonder if you can downgrade the firmware though. I'll look into it. I'm sure it could be reflashed to an earlier version through JTAG if all else failed.
                      Dave Jones' teardown of that scope shows its PSU is full of CapXon...
                      "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
                      -David VanHorn

Comment

I watched that earlier today. That's the only part I don't like about it.

Comment

You could always buy it and replace the capacitors

Seriously, though, if I had the money to spare I would buy a 1054Z. It looks like a tremendous bargain for the price despite it's budget-oriented design!

This place has them for $399 plus they give a 6% discount if you mention EEVBLOG. You just have to open a chat window with them or actually call to mention the discount and they'll do up a quote order with the discount on it for you. Free shipping for those in the continental USA, too. That's a pretty sweet deal! They basically can't keep them in stock.

http://www.tequipment.net/Rigol/DS10...scopes/?v=7401

Comment

That's where I'm going to buy it from, but they're out of stock.

Comment

It shows an update yesterday (Jan 22) with a picture of two pallets of them saying they just got a shipment...

RUN! Don't walk, back over to their website and order?

Comment

I didn't see that earlier today. They also give you a free voltage detector, something I need anyway because the button broke on my Milwaukee one and I have to turn it on with a screwdriver.

Comment

That is quite a lot of scope for the price and if it will do what you need it to do then I would say your getting a good buy. It is way cheaper then a Iphone and you will probably have way more fun with it.

Comment

Originally posted by keeney123 View Post
                                    That is quite a lot of scope for the price and if it will do what you need it to do then I would say your getting a good buy. It is way cheaper then a Iphone and you will probably have way more fun with it.
                                    I would never own an Iphone. Too many restrictions. I prefer the freedom to choose what apps I want, and where I get them from.

Comment

I would never own an Iphone. Too many restrictions. I prefer the freedom to choose what apps I want, and where I get them from.
                                      Amen

Comment

I call them Whyphones, because when one of my friends tells me they just got one, I just stare at them dumbfounded and say "Why?"

Comment

I love it. All one would have to do is drop their Why phone and oh well. I guess one would have to be rich to own one in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                                          X