lost Usb drive from desktop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lost Usb drive from desktop

Hi guys i put the USB in the drive and it doesn't show on the desktop it shows on the Disks formating aplication any help thanks

Re: lost Usb drive from desktop

If not show, check disk management proberties of file size. my computer -right click -manage -disk management. other wise try to recovery software to recover, if u need I will send U.

Comment

sounds corrupt, might need to be checkdisked, maybe you pulled it out too early (in the middle of a write cycle). If its labeled 'raw' format you might have a problem. Some recovery software might be able to recover some of it

or, there is a chance that its a multi-flash chip stick, if the first flash chip (containing the mft) has gone bad, it will request a format.
      Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
      ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

I think we need a lot more detail here. What did you plug in?
        Usb memory stick
        Usb Card Reader
        Usb Hard drive
        Usb wireless

What else have you tried to plug in ? do other things work?
        Had you been reading/writing to the whatever recently.
        Have you tried it on another pc/laptop
        Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Thanks guys for your effort on helping,well i put in another stick with some filles in and it showed it , but the one that i had previeus formated in other pc did not show, it happed after i tried to format it with the linux aplication Gparted which i never could so i used my other win vist pc,
          So i ended up by reenstalling Linux mint mate14 again that i have in a USB stick ready to go, it's much easier than trying to figuer out what hapened,

thanks.

Comment

If you had it formatted in the ext3 or ext4 file system, Windows can't read it. It will tell you it needs formatting. For Windows to read it, it would have to be a fat32 format.

Comment

Originally posted by Time2Retire View Post
              If you had it formatted in the ext3 or ext4 file system, Windows can't read it. It will tell you it needs formatting. For Windows to read it, it would have to be a fat32 format.
              Well i talking about formating in Linux ops fat32,

Comment

Working...
              X