Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the order and orientation of LCD panel layers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the order and orientation of LCD panel layers?

Hi all,This is my second post, and I have a general LCD monitor related question, so I am starting here and would receive instruction as to a better place to post. I am replacing the CCFL lamps in a Sceptre X22wg-1080p, and I may have changed the film layers by mistake. The bottommost layer is a reflective white sheet, then comes the Glass light guide with an etched grid on one side- and I need to know which way that etched surface goes, towards the bottom or the top, then I need the order of the two Prism Sheets (V and H), if there is a top or bottom orientation, if it makes a difference. Finally the same with the protector sheet on top of the others and below the lcd panel. I don't wanna put the thing together and have to take it apart again to turn things around. Thanks

Re: What is the order and orientation of LCD panel layers?

Backlight---White Sheet---Light Guide---Polarizer---LC Panel---Polarizer---Glass is all I know.

Comment

Re: What is the order and orientation of LCD panel layers?

Originally posted by cheapie View Post
      Backlight---White Sheet---Light Guide---Polarizer---LC Panel---Polarizer---Glass is all I know.
      After watching a number of youtube videos where the LCD panel is taken apart piece by piece and measuring the metal frame securing guide pins on my monitor, I have found out that the up-down/ right-left orientation of all the sheets is fixed, so you can't disorient each sheet itself. But you can change the order of the sheets. On some videos the sheets seem to go one way, on others, the other. In this monitor, a Sceptre x22wg-1080p, the innermost sheet is a white, opaque reflective sheet, then comes the thick light guide glass with the CCFL lamps along its sides, with the etched dot pattern on the glass facing the white sheet side (the glass cannot be oriented any other way), then there are three more thin plastic sheets between the LCD panel and the glass. I put the sheet that seems to be more opaque- kind of a gray frosting next to the glass, then the sheet that seems to magnify and is most transparent, then the sheet which is less opaque than the other gray frosted one. I don't think that any of the three sheets have to do with polarization as turning them against each other produces no change in light transmission, so they must be diffuser sheets. One of the gray sheets is likely a protective sheet, probably the topmost one, so I hope I have the correct ordering. Of course the LCD panel and circuitry goes on top. Thanks to Cheapie for his post. https://www.badcaps.net/forum/images/smilies/compy.gif
      Last edited by TCI; 04-01-2013, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X