Skyworth 40E360 indicator always green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Skyworth 40E360 indicator always green

See the two 8 pin components, can you read the numbers on them or make out their designator beside them? One just might be your EN25Q32.

Comment

Originally posted by Duranitron View Post
      sorry for that my bad..i appreciate all your time and effort for helping. i just search for that on the net that says eeprom ic EN25Q32 for the skyworth 40E360 but honestly i can't find it. i look everywhere in the mobo.. maybe i just overlooked it. ill try again. i'm just spending a lot of time with this unit. i dont know, but honestly im lost,. the 4 tv's that is brought here last week is already done prior to this skyworth tv.. and 2 of that have corrupted eeprom i already reflashed it and fix it. ill update you for the progress.. i'm really sorry for my attitude.. peace...
      this comment not for OP. so please don't take it personalty..

In general to any one want to trouble shooting TV need to know first how it work and which system (firmware) platform it had. if you keep searching on SPI you didn't found.. but you have NAND. it mean the set work as same method android or Linux depend on boot loader saved on NAND. this is yours start point to search firmware and flash it via USB 1. as i read this main boards need WIFI USB dongle connected to USB 2 then the flashing start at time while pressing Menu on side panel then plugged the set in wall socket.

Comment

The firmware update is readily available from Skyworth.Download,and follow the instructions!

Comment

Nice work Diah, yep looks like you need a wifi usb dongle and a usb flash both, for the update, hold that menu button til update starts.
          Last edited by nomoresonys; 10-26-2020, 05:07 AM.

Comment

thanks for the help guys i already repair the skyworth led tv ..i already done that using usb drive with no avail. the unit is in comatose no backlight no respond to anything i do even using the firmware i downloaded in skyworth pressing the menu while pluging it on the main to read the usb drive the drive lit but just steady.. sad to say its not a firmware problem but one of the 1117 3.3volts ic regulator very low output 1v with input of 5v that powers the processor. that is why it makes weird symptoms... thanks a lot guys really appreciate all your help.
            Never stop LEARNING because life never stops TEACHING!

Comment

So it's fixed then with a new Ic regulator?

Comment

yah near the processor with heatsink.. i thought i need to take off the heat sink to reveal the eeprom.. hehehe i forgot this unit is a smart tv all things in my mind jumbled just to repair thing as fast as i can.. maybe next time ill take time.. thanks again..

Comment

Glad to hear it, another save.

Comment

Comment

Good job, you should upload the pictures of the LDO regulator and also provide the designator of the LDO for future repair for other people.
                      Voltage test is one of the thing to test when troubleshooting, bad Voltage can give you goose chase.
                      Last edited by budm; 10-26-2020, 05:57 PM.
                      Never stop learning
                      Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                      http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

sad to say its not a firmware problem but one of the 1117 3.3volts ic regulator very low output 1v with input of 5v that powers the processor..
                        yah near the processor with heatsink.. i thought i need to take off the heat sink to reveal the eeprom.. hehehe
                        are you kidding us ??
                        we are happy you solved the problem.. but are you trying to tell us here the U9 under the heat sink of Main IC ??? this never never happened DC to DC converter which supply Power line 3.3V VCC shared with NAND /Standby/ LED Status Green&RED, Tuner.. Main IC.. will be under heat sink.... this will never being TRUE.

Comment

sorry for the late response.. the LM1117-33 as i trace it goes to the heatsink ic .this unit has a 3 in 1 ic. china made unit is well known for this crap. as i recall i happen to check also another 3.3 volts buck converter that also powers the main ic. can't see the ic number, IC is glued tight to the heatsink actually in my desperation i try to pull it out but with no avail .. i don't investigate that further because this unit has been with me for 1 week and the client is eager to pull it back..sorry for that.. i cant answer it anymore the unit has been handed to the client.. schematic is not available to pin point exactly where the output of the 1117 is going.. sorry for that... china made tv is really unpredictable they have their own standards,, my opinion.. thanks again for journeying with me...
                          Last edited by Duranitron; 10-27-2020, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Those chinese do keep us guessing for sure.

Comment

Working...
                            X