Stone caps in Twinhan StarBox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stone caps in Twinhan StarBox

A few days ago, I found two Stone brand capacitors (470uF 35V) in a Twinhan StarBox VP-7020/7021/7021A. These are used for filtering the 13V/18V LNB supply from a DC-DC converter powered by a 9V 2A plugpack.

Most satellite receivers have an LNB current rating of up to around 350mA, and this value would not be reached in most cases; so therefore, the capacitors would be unlikely to be of any problem .
    My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Re: Stone caps in Twinhan StarBox

But most Satellit recivers are realy hot inside due to bad desing od linear DC regulation. And this will destroy cheap caps realy fast. i think blown caps or simply dried out are the most common problem on sat recivers.

Comment

Re: Stone caps in Twinhan StarBox

The DC-DC converter is a high frequency switching type.

I found the Stone capacitors were GR series, from the 85C rating and the colour scheme on the manufacturer's website.

- Stone GR Series
      My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

Working...
      X