Digital projector Ballast Epson EP-824H

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Digital projector Ballast Epson EP-824H

One of my friends brought to me this Projector after he missed up with the ballast. its Digital UART serial Bus function.
    He told:
    he was trying to trace the serial bus code with USB Logic on 2CH TX & RX. he used to soldering the CH wire to PIN 1 of 2 optocoupler PC123, and as soon he switched the projector ON, he heard once at time crack noise. result his logic went dead & the projector shutdown and give blinking led error.. and always his projector wont start any more register same error all 3 LED power lamp Temo blinking Red.

Trouble shooting :

i found 1 PC123 optocoupler defect ( Open), i soldered out the Digital boards from the ballast and stooped doing any till my order of PC123 arrive as i don't have this optocoupler any more in stock.

My mysterious case:

i don't have Diagram on this ballast, i traced the defective optocoupler PIN 1 because of broken solder joint of it ( lucky nothing on the back side related to this solder joint ) so its goes to the blue SMD i things its R as it read 1.5K but there are some same color and size of this SMD part are reading different some 13.5K / 2.K / R100 from this point i raised the white Flag and come over here to post the issue hope some one owned the diagram or share his idea why this SMD part had such mysterious value thought nothings printed on it or maybe there are print but on the other side.. !! tell the truth i don't have the courage to take one out of the boards for more inspect before the PC123 arriving.

i appreciated any idea

Diah
    Attached Files

Re: Digital projector Ballast Epson EP-824H

Interesting the owner send me many photos he took before time ago on the boards after i told him my found. one things important to me the joint print line which are broken of PIN 1 PC123 its connect only to this Blue sky SMD parts.

one photo was for micro chips on the boards.. my worries its not toasted because this defective optocoupler PC123 play rules gate to invert the TXD code of micro chips answer F0511A to main boards for....
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Diah; 11-03-2020, 10:57 AM.

Comment

OOPS.. as i moved this projector to store it aside until parts arrived from china.. i heard tambourine music coming from it LOL ... thought i may trooped bunch of screw inside... but it come out the Lamp was exploded .. the fun started .. what ells will added to this symphony

Comment

optocoupler PC123 arrived from China, changed all 3 of them to have same Freq. tested with Saleae Logic V 1.12.8 on 2 channel TX of main boards & TX of the Ballast, it seem the Main Micro chips not damage.. but because the lamp explode so Ballast didn't send first signal ( i am ready 0xFF or 0x00 ) so the MB ask again if lamp there 0xF7 answer always 0xF2

at this moment i cant do any things further.. put it back and give it to his owner to replace Lamp.

the protocol record attached incase for study by any users.
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X