Devant 32DL421 not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Devant 32DL421 not working

Hi everybody! So here's the background. I have a TV that I use for myself since the kids use the main TV. I use it mainly for my Nintendo Switch or if I want to watch something and the kids are using the other TV.

So initially the TV's LED lights fail and I purchased the exact replacement lights for it and I replaced all of the 3 strips at once. So it worked for a few months and I let my sister in law borrow the tv. As it happens it breaks in her care. Now I'm not saying she broke it...but things usually tend to brake when others use it. Go figure.

Anyways, she said that they were watching movie, then the screen slowed down/movie slowed down, then screen image split and at this point they turned off the TV. They tried to turn it back on and it wouldn't.

So I took a look at the board, did some multimeter testing and 'maybe' found two SMD capacitors that may be bad. But I have no real experience with these so it may or may not be the culprits or something else maybe. Nothing else on the board looks defective.

I found the exact same board for sale and it was really cheap so I bought one. Now this one, kind of works. The TV standby light turns on but the TV itself won't come on. No LED lights, no sounds, nothing. Unlike the first board this one at least has the power light come on. The only thing I noticed is that this one has a high pitched noise coming from it. So I read somewhere here on the forums that it maybe a bad capacitor near the power supply.

so that's where we are now. Two boards - both defective. I think both can be repaired though. I just can't figure out what I should be checking. Image below is what the board looks like. Not mine, but I will post the pics once I figure out how to post them here.

Last edited by cma1084; 11-18-2020, 11:51 PM.
Working...
X