Screen white Samsung LE37B550A5W

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Screen white Samsung LE37B550A5W

VG13 have to be bigger tha VG12, have you exchanged? Next, have you tested right after power up or after some minutes? 'Cause with time it degrades.
    Last edited by Davi.p; 03-21-2018, 06:24 PM.

Comment

I tell you how the repair is going:
      I soldered the AS15 but the TV was still the same. Thinking that it was badly welded or that it had burned when soldering it, we decided to buy the new T-CON plate. Now the problem is that with this new board, the same fault continues. I do not know if it's that it's damaged too.

Comment

What you can do is: -upload very close photo of each side of your soldering. -check gamma value on your new board, i think it is bad.

Comment

as above post the gamma voltages from your replacement board then we can advise if its faulty

Comment

Those AS15-F chips are notoriously unreliable,and in 95% of cases,get quite hot when faulty,rather than a working one,which should run cool..It's heat that destroys them.
            A much more reliable ic is the RM5101,.A very very common failure.
            Good luck!

Comment

The RM5101 is a direct replacement,by the way!

Comment

some sellers says new as15 chips are abetter version, in fact them runs cool.

Comment

Hello everyone and thanks in advance for the support!
                  I have an LG 34UM59 that has the same exact defect (see picture).
                  I was in a hurry and ordered already the mainboard to try the replacement (hoping that the fault is there...)
                  But I have a question.. I disassembled all the monitor and found the tcon board ( which in my case is divided in the segments, linked by a flat cable. On the first segment there are some chips similar to the A15 you spoke about and which I found on various threads on internet. But they all have different names from A15.. if the new mainboard won't fix the problem, what chip do you think is responsible for the white image fault? I attached the photos of the board and the chip..
                  Thank you very much in advance!!!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Writing error: divided in TWO* segments

Comment

occhia.....
                      Use your meter set to ohms and check there are no short circuits across any of the capacitors on that circuit board. I am sure that someone recently had a washed out picture that turned out to be a short circuit smd capacitor.
                      Last edited by dick_barton; 11-17-2020, 01:31 PM.
                      Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

One problem occhia, is you have a similar problem but a different tv than this thread is about, which can be confusing, you would be better off opening a new thread with your tv brand, model and details. Add some good clear straight on pictures of each board and one of the whole back as to show how they are all connected. You can add pictures by clicking go advanced then manage attachments.

Comment

Originally posted by dick_barton View Post
                          occhia.....
                          Use your meter set to ohms and check there are no short circuits across any of the capacitors on that circuit board. I am sure that someone recently had a washed out picture that turned out to be a short circuit smd capacitor.
                          Ok thanks a lot.
                          Am I supposed to check all of them right?

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                            One problem occhia, is you have a similar problem but a different tv than this thread is about, which can be confusing, you would be better off opening a new thread with your tv brand, model and details. Add some good clear straight on pictures of each board and one of the whole back as to show how they are all connected. You can add pictures by clicking go advanced then manage attachments.
                            Sorry, you're right. I will open a new thread! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                            X