Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These Rubies genuine?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130809657550...84.m1423.l2649

They are for quite a good price, probably due to the age (seems like week 28 2001 which does not matter really) and also I have some problems getting lower numbers for reasonable price. Still not quite ready for buying a package (800 pcs) of Chemi-Cons KXG from local distributor.
    Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
    Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Re: These Rubies genuine?

There is a real Rubycon series called BXA - however, the text artwork on the capacitors in the picture shown shows artifacts of dot-matrix printing upon magnification. There may be legitimate reasons for this, but I would expect the silk-screened artwork on real Rubycon products to have finer resolution and continuity. In short, be wary of that listing.

Comment

I got few genuine Rubies canibalized from different electronics and soem fo them also have quite bad or pixelated printing. But I've asked for photos of the bung and vent.
      Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Comment

The seller's screen name says it all: hongkongsupply
        <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
        Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
        http://folding.stanford.edu/
        Team : 49813
        Join in!!
        Team Stats

Comment

Looks fake to me, partly due to the poor font.
          But mainly due to the fact that pictures of the vent & bung have been left out!
          "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Yeah, why not, you can buy anything from electronics in HK, there's no other such place in the world.

Let's wait for the bung and vent, if that would be OK, either somebody did very hard job faking not really famous cap line (unlikely), or they are genuine. I've already bought 1000 pcs of MBZ 1000 uF/6,3 V there, they are all fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Behemot View Post
              Yeah, why not, you can buy anything from electronics in HK, there's no other such place in the world.
              All my rubycons (before they discontinuted the ultra low esr) and all my nichicons come from japan, not china.....and I get them factory direct.

If this company has already sold you "genuine" stuff, why is this thread even here?
              <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
              Team Stats

Comment

That was completelly different seller.

Good luck for you, all companies - now even Man Yue - tell me I am too small to buy directly so your advice (if that is any) is useless for me as it has to go through one distributor at least. And as I already said, I am not buying full package from each cap I need - I am no millionare, MOQ is one package that is like 500+ for each type. Good enough I'll somehow get money for 2400 pcs of Chemi-Con KYA in D10x20 with different capacities and voltages and now also 2000 pcs of KZM 47 uF/35 V.

Anyway, besides old stock of ultra-low ESRs, you now have nothing interesting. Those Rubies PX are GP caps I can get on every corner. What I am looking for on the other hand is the best on the market, not really easy to get - those KYA are delayd by a month cause there is huge demand and Chemi-Con is not even able to produce them. No wonder, nobody in the industry provides such product - for now at least.
                Last edited by Behemot; 03-15-2014, 01:03 PM.

Comment

That was completelly different seller.

Good luck for you, all companies - now even Man Yue - tell me I am too small to buy directly so your advice (if that is any) is useless for me as it has to go through one distributor at least. And as I already said, I am not buying full package from each cap I need - I am no millionare, MOQ is one package that is like 500+ for each type. Good enough I'll somehow get money for 2400 pcs of Chemi-Con KYA in D10x20 with different capacities and voltages and now also 2000 pcs of KZM 47 uF/35 V.

Anyway, besides old stock of ultra-low ESRs, you now have nothing interesting. Those Rubies PX are GP caps I can get on every corner. What I am looking for on the other hand is the best on the market, not really easy to get - those KYA are delayd by a month cause there is huge demand and Chemi-Con is not even able to produce them. No wonder, nobody in the industry provides such product - for now at least.
                  I've got 2 oddball values in PX, only because they were available in nothing else, and now you're coming across as an asshole, so its time to dispose of this thread....and its spamwich fleabay link asking if they're fakes....I mean really? You have to ask this like every other moron that is cap shopping on ebay and gets burned with chinese fakes?!

*edit*
                  Please remove the link from your sig.
                  <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
                  Team Stats

Comment

I'll rephrase, remove all reference to anything for sale from your signature.
                    <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
                    Team Stats

Comment

Well, you have basically -nothing- usefull for PSUs till this day, I've offered you Samxons RS just because I wanted to be kind and offer you something you don't have. I did so several times quite some time ago (well, almost a year) and you did not even deign to reply until like 5th message. So I don't know nothing about „now coming across“.

„Morons“, yeah, interesting to know what is your opinion to visitors on your own forums. Well, if you want to sell, I'd like to buy say 100 pcs of 10 uF/400 V D10x20 mm caps, 10000+ hours life for up to 50 bucks incl. shipping. Not able to provide? Well, would be nice from you to leave me fill that market gap you are not willing/able to fill it yourself, exactly like I do with Samxons RS.

On topic, calling everything on eBay fake just because it is on eBay is just stupid. It is sometimes not easy to find the genuine stuff, but it is there so my question is perfectly valid.

Comment

Well, you have basically -nothing- usefull for PSUs till this day, I've offered you Samxons RS just because I wanted to be kind and offer you something you don't have. I did so several times quite some time ago (well, almost a year) and you did not even deign to reply until like 5th message. So I don't know nothing about „now coming across“.
                        I would still carry samxon RS in several values, except my contact with Samxon has apparently disappeared. Bigpope (Joe Lo) has been missing in action for several years....and when I ran out, I was not able to acquire more...

„Morons“, yeah, interesting to know what is your opinion to visitors on your own forums.
                        When they buy on ebay and realize they've been swindled by chinese fake junk, that is pretty moronic rather than buy from someplace reputable (even if its not me), just to try and save 30 cents....and then come here and cry about it.... There are a lot of threads like that, we grow weary of them.

On topic, calling everything on eBay fake just because it is on eBay is just stupid. It is sometimes not easy to find the genuine stuff, but it is there so my question is perfectly valid.
                        Not once did I call 'everything' on ebay fake, don't put words in my mouth.....but when it comes to capacitors and other components, I'd be willing to wager 90% of the junk on ebay (especially from china) is fake.

BTW, I have this value in Samxon RT series.....
                        https://www.badcaps.net/store/produc...roducts_id=113
                        <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
                        Team Stats

Comment

Joe has been my contact as well but I had to switch to other sources, may it be the manufacturer directly, his distributors or something else because I can't wait for a miracle which is not going to happen.

That is nothing about 30 cents, we are talking at least half a buck for piece (there is shipping, customs etc), double that and you got my price - nobody will buy that. Also you may want to notice I have not bough the caps yet and even if I did and got fakes, I would just use chargeback and write report about possibly new and better fakes, don't know what crying you are talking about.

Did you notice that 10000 hours lifetime? I got RT before, it is almost obsolete now, most of the things you have is - that is just point on the reality, don't search nothing more in that please. I still have a few NCC KXG in my hand but after the article about repairig APC CyberFort I just released, I expect high demand which 4 pieces will just not feed.

OK so all those transistors, ICs, transformers and other things I bought in China are fakes? Well, thanks for the info. But those are great fakes when all the stuff works like charm…

Last but not least - I already stated I can get KXGs or even better KXJs from Chemi-Con's distributor but I just don't have the money as I have other bags on the way worth hundreds of dollars. Also I will be fine with 100 pieces now, no need for 500+.

Comment

Well, if you want to sell, I'd like to buy say 100 pcs of 10 uF/400 V D10x20 mm caps, 10000+ hours life for up to 50 bucks incl. shipping. Not able to provide? Well, would be nice from you to leave me fill that market gap you are not willing/able to fill it yourself, exactly like I do with Samxons RS.
                            Ask someone on this forum to buy you 100 of these and mail them to you as a personal package (no taxes):

http://www.digikey.com/product-detai...5939-ND/256668

Give him 50$ ... easy 5$ for said person after paying for shipping to your country.

Or if you really want lots of hours, you have 8000h: http://www.digikey.com/product-detai...540-ND/1086766

or if you're willing to wait, you can use findchips.com to find better deals: http://www.findchips.com/search/EEU-EB2G100

For example for the first, you have future electronics with 25$ for 100:

http://www.futureelectronics.com/en/...G100.aspx?IM=0

or avnet express for same price if you buy 200: http://avnetexpress.avnet.com/store/...entoryfeed_VSE

Mouser sells them for 32$ ...

Comment

„Morons“, yeah, interesting to know what is your opinion to visitors on your own forums. Well, if you want to sell, I'd like to buy say 100 pcs of 10 uF/400 V D10x20 mm caps, 10000+ hours life for up to 50 bucks incl. shipping. Not able to provide? Well, would be nice from you to leave me fill that market gap you are not willing/able to fill it yourself, exactly like I do with Samxons RS.

I ordered Rubycons from that seller before and they were indeed fake.
                              Very good looking, vent is correct but there were two types of bungs in the bag I received, also the printing was lower quality when compared to another capacitor from the same series, but ordered from authorised distributor.
                              The bung on the fake was very similar to real Rubycon bungs, so it may not be possible to tell from a picture that they are fakes.

Would these work for you? http://thecapking.com/400ee10.html
                              100pcs for 45$ inc shipping, and genuine.

Comment

Originally posted by Jooo View Post
                                Would these work for you? http://thecapking.com/400ee10.html
                                100pcs for 45$ inc shipping, and genuine.
                                Thanks for the info about that guy, I am deleting it from watching. Those EEs are only 8k hours, not that bad but mainly it says he only has 12 pcs available.

mariushm: thanks but all these resellers ask like 40+ bucks for shipping - they use couriers only, that is customs and some fees for sure. As for gift - it does not work that way for like 10 years. It is all about luck if the officer feels like it is more valuable or not. I already wanted to take some stuff from Mouser but I kept adding until it was quite some money…and it was still same price I can get the caps from distributor but with 3times the number of caps Mouser is quite expensive.

Hopefully german Rubycon/Samxon distributor CERA2000 will have something but they are not very communicative lately. Also it seems odd but the local reseller from I bought last 9 NCC KXG's in the country seems to have found extra 10 pcs I think I will get all of them
                                Last edited by Behemot; 03-15-2014, 02:35 PM.

Comment

There have been a lot of sellers with fake rubycons. The easiest way to tell is look at the bottom of their bungs. Rubycon uses a very specific bung, whereas the knockoffs will use ones with a pattern that has circles (like on the bottom of TEAPOs).

Comment

I asked for the photos, we'll see if I'll even get anything and if so, what that would be Hard to say now when we have no images right now.

BTW, I've been quite surprised NCC PAG has flat bung in higher diameters as the other has that stuff in there for the flux. But it is in the datasheet so it is obviously OK. Check https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...3&postcount=45

Comment

mariushm: thanks but all these resellers ask like 40+ bucks for shipping - they use couriers only, that is customs and some fees for sure. As for gift - it does not work that way for like 10 years. It is all about luck if the officer feels like it is more valuable or not. I already wanted to take some stuff from Mouser but I kept adding until it was quite some money…and it was still same price I can get the caps from distributor but with 3times the number of caps Mouser is quite expensive.
                                      So make a deal with someone like Shovenose here, or someone active on this forum with good reputation. Ask him to buy them from you and repackage them for you and mail them using a cheaper shipping method. Give him a small tip for the service.

Or use a service like http://www.shipito.com/usa-address-mail-forwarding (pricing and options here: http://www.shipito.com/shop-pricing ) to get several packages to their warehouse and then group them all in a larger box and have them mailed to you with a cheaper shipping method, all for 5-10$ fee and the shipping costs.
                                      You'll pay the customs taxes with this one but it may still be cheap enough to be worth it.
                                      Last edited by mariushm; 03-15-2014, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Yeah I'll take it as a last option, will depend if I'll find people who live near the shops

Comment

Working...
                                        X