LG 55UF6450-UA with white screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG 55UF6450-UA with white screen

Okay, that stinks but thanks guys! I am also curious if it works for just LG T-cons or others also? I am trying to learn as much as possible through this community and that T-con material was very helpful material. Where do I find service guides like that?

Comment

Hi there,
      I'm having the same issue here.
      Questions:
      Where is the VDC and Pin 44? I own a microscope and still can't find them.
      All I see is VCC and VDD (marked with red color on picture)

I went ahead and based on TCOn training manual that you guys shared here, installed a jump from VCC to pin 44( I counted 44 pins from right to left) and all I get in a horizontal white bar on top that comes and goes.
      Please confirm if VCC is the right pin and not VDC.

Also, @engelwood39, did your main board had a red color LED that went on every time you plug in the Tv. My main board has this red solid steady led that goes on as soon as I plug in the tv.

Thanks
      Attached Files

Comment

Looking at page 30 of the PDF above, pin 44 would be close to where the fuse connects to the LVDS connector. The fuse connects to pins 51, 50, 49, 48.
        Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Thanks. Took in consideration what you have said, made the short with pin 44 (which follows to the fuse just like 45, 46, 47,48) and things did not change at all.
          I gave up. It would be great if the person who got the test gen to work, could post photos of pins he used.

Now, As I mentioned before, there is a red light on the main board that goes on. I asked around and I was told the main board is locked and you have to replace board entirely. I call Nick Tv Repair, who offer repair service for this board and I was told they can't do anything if board has the red light. They can fix other problems but not that.

Game over!

Comment

Working...
          X