Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP Elitebook 820 G2 bios needed

THX
    Nowe machine does not show uncimmitted warning but after second restart serial and other number returned back to 123456.
    Direct after reprogram SPI show correct but now again as before exceept uncimmittted warning.
    Strange things happening in this world :-)

Comment

Originally posted by fifthy52 View Post
      THX
      Nowe machine does not show uncimmitted warning but after second restart serial and other number returned back to 123456.
      Direct after reprogram SPI show correct but now again as before exceept uncimmittted warning.
      Strange things happening in this world :-)
      now its time to use wndmifit and hpbcuconfigutility to change your sn, sku, etc...

Comment

still cant MPM unlock, nothing happen with SMC.bin

Comment

I guess problem is in EC flash. When i look to dump of that flash i can see that serial and other numbers in 123456 format. When i change in buffer these numbers to correct one ang reprogram it says that embedded controller MUD data is not valid while MPM is locked.

Comment

Originally posted by fifthy52 View Post
            I guess problem is in EC flash. When i look to dump of that flash i can see that serial and other numbers in 123456 format. When i change in buffer these numbers to correct one ang reprogram it says that embedded controller MUD data is not valid while MPM is locked.
            your ec same from post #4? or original of your? and do you have backup original bios/ec with password?

Comment

i have no original backup cause somebody before me tried to unlock this. EC is from post #4

Comment

After some testing with other elitebook i know that SN and other number are written in EC flash. Bios PWD in Main flash. When reprogram main flash serial and other numbers are rewritten from ec flash and bios password remains unlocked.
                When reprogram both ec and main flash with dump from other working unlocked laptop everything works fine but serial is changed according laptop from which i read flashes.

Comment

Originally posted by rioreno
                  check this link...

www.biosrepair.com/bios/8570w.htm
                  https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/h...art-up.129803/

btw you will need nbdmifit tools, that can be found i this forum, using search tool..
                  and if you finish repair your problem would you like to share step by step in this forum...

thanks and goodluck
                  Thanks for all your help, notes and recommendations.

For now, my motherboard has passed away (R.I.P.).
                  - When I connect the power supply (checked with Internal battery and also with battery removed from the notebook and even disconnect CMOS battery) with any condition the Power Led start to blink White/yellow for infinite time.
                  - The blinking is at the moment of connect power supply (without press power button, simply connecting power AC adapter), and is completelly dead, not any action if I press power button or any key, fan doesn't work and nothing works, just blinking errors.

I need to recheck, let make a quick summary of the current actions taken.

1.- I was able to dismount the BIOS chip Winbond 25q128fvsq
                  2.- I was able to find on my tools a clean board with SOIC8 soldering capabilities, so I mount on there the BIOS, and from there all runs smoothly with the CH341A programmer, able to read info, re-read etc.
                  3.- I make a final backup (before to erase) just in case.
                  4.- I write (auto option) the BIOS using CH341A v1.17, other versions like 1.29 or 1.30 at the moment of process end, send some error "CHIP MAIN MEMORY WITH THE CONTENTS ARE IN DISAGREEMENT", as i Mention solved using another previous version of the program.
                  6.- Before dismount the BIOS, I read the writed BIOS files on the chip, and compare with the file you help me to modify and there are no differences, so it was burned ok.

With that status, If somebody can suggest something, is well appreciated.
                  Otherwise If there's no ideas, probably the best for now is try to rollback the procedure to the original BIOS file (last backup made) or find a new Mother Board someday (HP P/N 799543-001) in case that process made cause a damage or something else on the MoBo.
                  For now I just triple check that BIOS soldering was correct, and yes there's continuity between BIOS and other connection points on the MoBo.

Regards
                  Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-02-2023, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Re: HP Elitebook 850 G2 bios admin pwd help

Originally posted by rioreno
                    hotair gun to desoldering chip...
                    good solder to soldering back...
                    do you have soic to dip socket?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SOIC8-SOP8-t...-/400329108910
                    Nice recommendations. Thanks!

Can I ask for your help:
                    What's your opinnion about the Bios Chips offered on Ebay, where sellers claim to be "original and good ones"; that means they offer as Main + EC, with clean PWD and bios UP to Date.

That's because I discover my model uses 2 chips (of different capacity each one first is 16mb and second I think is a 2MB).

On summary as a prevention item I'm thinking on buy a couple of chips from an Ebay seller, and solder to the MoBo once for all, avoiding any need for future dismount of the chip BIOS, and Ebay seller offer the 2 chips (in pair for the specific model) in order to work properly
                    So what you think about it?

Detailed explanation about the second attempt of read/write the BIOS.
                    -- On the second attempt of soldering the BIOS to my Eprom writer board, 2 pins from the BIOS are broken , so it's damaged, Even when I can try to "bridge" with copper cable for re-write on the Eprom programmer, I'm worried about the moment where need to be soldered back on to the Motherboard, basically for two reasons:

* a).- One line on the Motherboard has a little damage, and can support one soldering back, plus an little extra soldering material for avoid that the track/line of th MoBo doesn't move on the future.
                    * b).- Because of the 2 damaged pins on the BIOS, I can figure it out some way to brige for make contact with the MotherBoard if I reinstall the original BIOS.

however based on the two previous comments, I'm worried because if this second attempt of re-write the main BIOS doesn't work, I'm not so sure that the MoBo support a third attempt of dismount and solder a new BIOS chip on the future.

Regards.

Comment

Originally posted by bora_vr6 View Post
                      Nice recommendations. Thanks!

Can I ask for your help:
                      What's your opinnion about the Bios Chips offered on Ebay, where sellers claim to be "original and good ones"; that means they offer as Main + EC, with clean PWD and bios UP to Date.

That's because I discover my model uses 2 chips (of different capacity each one first is 16mb and second I think is a 2MB).

On summary as a prevention item I'm thinking on buy a couple of chips from an Ebay seller, and solder to the MoBo once for all, avoiding any need for future dismount of the chip BIOS, and Ebay seller offer the 2 chips (in pair for the specific model) in order to work properly
                      So what you think about it?

Detailed explanation about the second attempt of read/write the BIOS.
                      -- On the second attempt of soldering the BIOS to my Eprom writer board, 2 pins from the BIOS are broken , so it's damaged, Even when I can try to "bridge" with copper cable for re-write on the Eprom programmer, I'm worried about the moment where need to be soldered back on to the Motherboard, basically for two reasons:

* a).- One line on the Motherboard has a little damage, and can support one soldering back, plus an little extra soldering material for avoid that the track/line of th MoBo doesn't move on the future.
                      * b).- Because of the 2 damaged pins on the BIOS, I can figure it out some way to brige for make contact with the MotherBoard if I reinstall the original BIOS.

however based on the two previous comments, I'm worried because if this second attempt of re-write the main BIOS doesn't work, I'm not so sure that the MoBo support a third attempt of dismount and solder a new BIOS chip on the future.

Regards.
                      i think your problem on your ch341a because with uefitool there is some different your final backup with my file was given to you...

good idea if you buying pair of chip from ebay, avoiding mistake reading from you programmer...
                      i was said before... if there is some problem with ch341a when read/write winbond chip...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rioreno View Post
                        i think your problem on your ch341a because with uefitool there is some different your final backup with my file was given to you...

good idea if you buying pair of chip from ebay, avoiding mistake reading from you programmer...
                        i was said before... if there is some problem with ch341a when read/write winbond chip...
                        Thanks for your final review and comments.
                        - I'm gonna try to find a Pre-programed chip ready to solder on the MoBo.

However I'm worried on your mention about issues with CH341A with Winbond chips.
                        - Based on that what Eeprom writer you recommend for an enthusiast, and working properly with Winbond chips.
                        - On the HP is my personal equipment, however I eventually have Sony Vaio Fit 14 or Fit 15, for repair or fix and those models uses Winbond equipments, in fact I've no one pending MoBo to test a rewrite a new BIOS (current one is dead) and I don't like to have the same issues than my computer.

Thanks in advance.

P.s. I found a better way to dismount, solder and revert process soldering back to a MoBo (for avoid the damage I cause to my current BIOS) and once I found/purchase/receive the new Chip BIOS, I'm gonna try to document process and findings.

Also I make a final comparison with same tool you use, and on general terms seems with the same results, I mean on the comparison of the final file you send me and kindly remove pwd, plus the one I read after burn the BIOS and the one I send you and used for "clearme" and seems similar.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for your final review and comments.
                          - I'm gonna try to find a Pre-programed chip ready to solder on the MoBo.

However I'm worried on your mention about issues with CH341A with Winbond chips.
                          - Based on that what Eeprom writer you recommend for an enthusiast, and working properly with Winbond chips.
                          - On the HP is my personal equipment, however I eventually have Sony Vaio Fit 14 or Fit 15, for repair or fix and those models uses Winbond equipments, in fact I've no one pending MoBo to test a rewrite a new BIOS (current one is dead) and I don't like to have the same issues than my computer.

Thanks in advance.

P.s. I found a better way to dismount, solder and revert process soldering back to a MoBo (for avoid the damage I cause to my current BIOS) and once I found/purchase/receive the new Chip BIOS, I'm gonna try to document process and findings.

Also I make a final comparison with same tool you use, and on general terms seems with the same results, I mean on the comparison of the final file you send me and kindly remove pwd, plus the one I read after burn the BIOS and the one I send you and used for "clearme" and seems similar.
                          - if you buy from ebay dont forget to backup, and post here maybe someone need someday
                          -for programmer depending your budget, but if you dont have issue for budget , better you check for svod programmer...
                          http://www.svod.od.ua/124-programmer-kb9012

- we"ll wait for your process documenting..

Comment

Hi everybody, I'm poor French guy with locked Bios on a 840 G2 ...

Is it possible to get unlock files based on my conf. ? :

SN: 5CG54823NJ
                            SKU: G8S00AV
                            PCID: A3009D510303

Many Thanks !

Comment

Read protected bios and post here
                              Im Back... sort of...

Comment

Thanks for answering so fast ...

But sorry how to dump the 840 G2 bios ? The bios is locked without access, and boot restricted without USB/Wifi etc. I've only access to SATA disk ... :-(

It is a way to proceed from Windows/booting on Sata ? or mandatory to use Spi programmer ?

Thanks !
                                Last edited by satdream; 01-29-2017, 04:59 AM.

Comment

Goodmorning to everybody.
                                  I've a 820 G2 wih BIOS locked by psw and windows 7 without admin rights.
                                  Here specs:
                                  Serial: 5CG5432811
                                  Product: F6N30AV
                                  PCID: A3009D510203

Can someone help me to find psw or to unlock?

Thank you very much

Comment

Originally posted by satdream View Post
                                    Thanks for answering so fast ...

But sorry how to dump the 840 G2 bios ? The bios is locked without access, and boot restricted without USB/Wifi etc. I've only access to SATA disk ... :-(

It is a way to proceed from Windows/booting on Sata ? or mandatory to use Spi programmer ?

Thanks !

Hello,
                                    To me the most easy is dismount the BIOS Chip (unsoldering from the MoBo) and place on an Eprom Reader.
                                    For my machine I've used a cheap one (CH341A)
                                    And use a program for read the chip and save in BIN Format file.

On previous responses to this post there's a little extra info.

Comment

Hello,
                                      To me the most easy is dismount the BIOS Chip (unsoldering from the MoBo) and place on an Eprom Reader.
                                      For my machine I've used a cheap one (CH341A)
                                      And use a program for read the chip and save in BIN Format file.

On previous responses to this post there's a little extra info.
                                      Thanks, finally I bought a CH341A and dismount ... I successfully extracted the W25Q16FV but I can't extract/program the W25Q128FV ... which relase of the programmer software do you used ? I tried 1.13, 1.17, 1.29 and 1.30 without success

Comment

To me works with version 1.29, check if works properly if you open the program with Aministrator privileges (run as Administrator).

Just for the record, there was another computer where I need to run Windows 7 x64 in test mode, once that I was running Win7 on Test Mode the program reads ok the chip.

Just check how is mounted your chip, on the attached image you can see how is mounte a 25xx (that's the right position), the other position (closer to the secure leveler is for 24xx).

Regards
                                        Attached Files

Comment

To me works with version 1.29, check if works properly if you open the program with Aministrator privileges (run as Administrator).

Just for the record, there was another computer where I need to run Windows 7 x64 in test mode, once that I was running Win7 on Test Mode the program reads ok the chip.

Just check how is mounted your chip, on the attached image you can see how is mounte a 25xx (that's the right position), the other position (closer to the secure leveler is for 24xx).

Regards
                                          Thanks for fast answer.

Yes, I setup the 25Qxx in correct position, the issue is that I've to restart several time the program to finaly identify the 25Q128BV ... and then after a read it crash ... I'm not sure about (and I've not the same result reading with 1.13 than 1.29 or 1.30 ...)

I'm under Windows 10 ...

Bored, I tried finally to write the 25Qxx, but during the check the 1.30 release crash during verify (~50% of the capacity checked), and with the 1.29 when I read after programming the result is wrong ...

I do not understand, perhaps driver is wrong, will try to uninstall and then restart all ...

Cheers.
                                          Last edited by satdream; 02-03-2017, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X