Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP 2530p not charging (LA-4021P)

Hello everyone,

I have this laptop, worked all good and then one day, plugged it off, cut the power cable and since then it doesn't want to charge. However, the battery was charged all the way up so I could use the laptop for few hours. The battery still has some juice in it I believe.

But, like the title says, it doesn't charge the battery.

There is 19.36V on DC Jack and also at the first PQ300 mosfet.
    BQ24740 requires 19.36V on pin 28, right? I have 0.387V. Signal comes from CHG_B+ which is also shown on the line where the PQ300 mosfet is along with another PQ301 mosfet. I've made a jumper from PQ300 pin 4 to PQ301 pin 1 and laptop starts. Removed it after. I've also made a jumper from PQ300 pin 4 to ground, laptop starts. Removed it after. That was just testing.
    Replaced PQ300, no luck.

Right now I'm confused where should I look at? My instinct tells me that battery charging IC is dead?

I have schematics if anyone is interested to take a look.

Re: HP 2530p not charging (LA-4021P)

Read the battery positive and negative pin with a multimeter in continuity, interchange it and see if both side read continuety.

If it does, then there is a short circuit at the ba3 side if not, you can troubleshoot with the laptop schematic diagram.

Comment

Re: HP 2530p not charging (LA-4021P)

Hello i have power issue with my elitebook 2530p as well. Formally it was blinking light when i try to power it but later there is no sign of any power at all whether with battery or charger. Please i really need help on the ic that could be responsible. Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X