Big network troubles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big network troubles

Hi, i run a Minecraft server and website from home, which is at www.campcobble.co.uk The problem is that i recently got a wd my cloud 3tb and when going to the website it brings up the wd my cloud web panel, even though no ports are open to the wd my cloud at all and its running on a different ip (192.168.0.100) whereas the webserver is on 192.168.0.2. I know the wd my cloud runs apache because i can ssh into it. any help please?

If you need any other info just ask

Re: Big network troubles

UPDATE: I changed the port from 80 to 8200 and its changed because i now need to use 192.168.0.100:8200 to get the web panel. But website still trying to lead to /UI even though the ports are correct and the web server is a completely different device

Comment

are you saying he outside world isseeing thw wd insteadof another host machine?
      if you are then go fixed ip (kill any dhcp server) then use port forwarding on the router.

Comment

using the external ip it is going to the wd even though no ports are open for it... and i cant really test anymore since i got my friend to go over and replug the ethernet cable and he put it in the other ethernet port which does not work (sigh)

Comment

see if your network has plug-n-play enabled, P&P devices will tell the router to port forward
          Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
          ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

UPNP is a security risk that should always be disabled!!!

Comment

Does sound like you have UPnP enabled.
              As stj says, it needs disabling and your port forwarding setring up.
              Check you have the latest firmware on your mycloud, a customer of mine bough one recently and there is a recent security update.

Comment

I agree with the others, UPNP is enabled. Disable UPNP, then port forward 80 to your webserver nat ip and port forward the minecraft ports to it's respective nat ip.
                You should be good to go after that.

Comment

how do i disable upnp on a sky hub? its so locked down... also the wd my cloud has been modified to use port 8200 (latest firmware)

Comment

nvm i found upnp and disabled it... im gonna reboot the hub and webserver and il report back on what happens...

UPDATE: still not working... although its not showing the wd my cloud page anymore... one thing i found strange though, when i ping 192.168.0.3 (webserver internal ip) it loses some packets... should i purchase a new ethernet cable or could the lost packets be another issue
                    Last edited by blasterboomer; 11-25-2014, 11:53 AM.

Comment

You might need to check firewall rules or port forwarding rules, you might need to reboot the webserver or at least reload the network service if you're running linux.

Comment

inspect the cable for damage and try another socket on the shit sky router.

Comment

Im getting a new router... its http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/asus-n900-...l-router-a84nc because the sky hub is total shit.... ive already extracted the username and pass using wireshark so this should work... and im installing another ethernet cable too

Comment

maplin is not the cheapest place these days, you should check ebuyer.
                            http://www.ebuyer.com/

Comment

ok, i got the asus router today... and im waiting for my ehernet cable and wall boxes to arrive... anyways the router works great... but im concerned about the CRC on the up and down... is this normal?

also im thinking of getting sky fibre pro which is 72mbps down and up to 19mbps up... but its saying my max is not even close to what sky fibre pro would be... so is there no point upgrading to pro?

Comment

It is not unusual for errors to occur during link negotiation, like at bootup or hot connecting. If they aren't increasing over time they probably aren't a concern.

Comment

This is it now

Comment

line attenuation ? is that ajustable?
                                    btw, VDSL - where is the fibre interface, on the wall outside your house?

i'd look at BT / OpenReach (or subcontractor fucks like kelly's) work to check the wiring is good.

Comment

and maybe ask here:
                                      http://www.kitz.co.uk/

Comment

i can adjust the line attenuation etc but ive left it set as 0... the speeds are identical to what the crappy sky hub gave me

Comment

Working...
                                        X