Eizo FlexScan T965

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eizo FlexScan T965

Started up my monitor this morning, first I got a normal picture (as normal as it is when the monitor is not warm)
    But a few seconds later the whole image contracted a few centimetres and went green, about 2 seconds later it turned off.
    The status LED started to blink orange, then it went back to green and I powered it off completely...

Just to make sure I swapped out the power cable but the exact same thing happened when I started it

This is (or was) a very nice monitor, which I took quite some lengths to purchase... I've only had it for about a year, maybe approaching two and it had very little use when I bought it (less than one year of on time...)

If anyone could find a service manual for this monitor I'd be eternally grateful, I'm going to take it apart when I get home from work this afternoon to see if anything is obviously wrong but I kind of doubt it because I did not smell anything burning or anything and there was no strange noises when it happened...
    "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Re: Eizo FlexScan T965

Well, I first tried starting the monitor when I got back from work today

It did the exact same thing with no VGA/USB cables attached, i.e. with only a power cable... It displayed it's testimage for about 30sec then it went slightly green for a very short period then it turned off

I took it apart but can not find anything that is wrong, I've deassembled it completely so I can see the bottom side of the main PCB...

It bugs me so much because the image it does display for ca 30sec is just perfect, so I know it can't be all that bad. I mean for heavens sake it _is_ displaying a picture just fine for a while!

What could cause it to turn off like this?
    "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

was any good stuff inside like all rubycon caps?
      they have 5 year guarantee you know.....
      capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

Rubycon, Nichicon

Bought second hand so no warranty

I am so pissed at it so I'm gonna throw the POS off my roof

got damn piece of shit, I've had 3 Eizo monitors, 2 have died

Some pretty impressive track record, this is running of UPS:es and being in an optimal office enviroment!
        Last edited by Per Hansson; 03-09-2007, 05:08 PM.

Comment

i have 3....no fail (except for tube replacement)
          capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

Incase a google bot indexes this page I just wanna say that I do love the Eizo monitors, and if I could find a Eizo F980 21" CRT I would buy it straight off...

I also made a mistake with the monitor above, it no longer powers on... I started the monitor when the grounding spring behind the neck was not grounded... I think that was bad...

There is a normal diode on the mobo that now works like a light emitting diode, I don't think that's a good sign :P

And had I known beforehand that Eizo scandinavia offers out of service warranty at so good prices as they are I would never have taken it apart but alas now I have done more damage to it so it will be too expensive to repair...

Comment

Working...
            X