Royal Power Burst Mobile 400Amp starting power Warnings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Royal Power Burst Mobile 400Amp starting power Warnings

I bought one these from BJ hole sale club which it on sale right now for $39.99
    I thought great let me see what inside of it well it has the following——>

I am VERY CAREFUL when working with these types of batteries

One time I was welding on some 18650 cells and the positive side of the battery I missed one side of the tab and in between the “+” and “-“ terminal this was NOT a pretty site the battery was leaking after that miss haps it dose not take long at all when you do for the battery real hot

I make batteries pack off and on for my battery operated tools I also have a battery spot welder to weld these cells (18650) cell and just bought the tool for the battery spot welder to do the batteries that are in a pouch because some time the tab that you can solder to break off and part that still there you can not solder to it you weld a new tab to it that you can solder to

One other note it had 3 no name brand caps on the board that has the USB ports and balancing protection board and has two what looks to be Mosfet,s which caps were replaced

3 high flat cells high amp batteries which has a what looks like a balancing protection board

That part of is good so far but here where the problem starts there NO FUSE it in what so ever on the batteries This is a REAL problem not good at all

It has a flashlight which is real nice and 2 USB ports 2 amps each real nice

The first upgrade is that on the high amp output it is going to have a 10 amp in line fuse

If BJ still has any left next week I am going to buy one more of them to have 24 volt pack when I need 24 volts
    Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 11-19-2017, 03:48 PM.
    9 PC LCD Monitor
    6 LCD Flat Screen TV
    30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
    10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
    6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
    1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
    25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
    6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
    1 Dell Mother Board
    15 Computer Power Supply
    1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
    2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
    All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Re: Royal Power Burst Mobile 400Amp starting power Warnings

i have been looking at various different units similar to this and haven't found one i can trust yet . i do not like things like they say must be disconnected within 30 seconds or they blow up .and should not be used if only 50 percent charged . surely there are ones with protection for these things but cant find one yet .

Comment

Working...
    X