Voltages are as follows
      CN2
      #1:PWN-Dim - 0-volts
      #2,3 & 4 - ground - 0-volts
      #5,6 &7 - 13V - 13.11 – volts
      #8 - Dim - 0 –volts
      #9 -on/off -0 –volts

CN3 through CN6 all measure zero volts.
      You've got a problem on the signal card. The pictures supplied in post #1 aren't good enough to provide much troubleshooting assistance. I can identify a voltage regulator, but not much else.

I would suggest you take a good, clear picture of the signal card and attach it to your next post using 'Manage Attachments' (below the text entry area). We're looking for something like 2000 x 2000 pixel resolution.

PlainBill
      For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Re: Samsung SyncMaster 204b

I took these voltages from the power supply when it was separated from the monitor; should I have tested while all boards were attached?

Comment

Originally posted by john98103 View Post
          I took these voltages from the power supply when it was separated from the monitor; should I have tested while all boards were attached?
          Well, that WOULD help verify the nature of the problem. Ordinarily if no signal is present the power LED goes from blue (or green) to amber within a few seconds. It is very unusual for it to go blank.

PlainBill
          For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

with power supply connected to monitor Voltages are as follows
            CN2
            #1:PWN-Dim - 0.05-volts
            #8 - Dim - 0.05 –volts
            #9 -on/off -0.01 –volts

CN3 through CN6 all measure zero volts. (grounded at the nearest PS hold down screw and pushing pin through wires)

Comment

with power supply connected to monitor Voltages are as follows
              CN2
              #8 - Dim - 0.05 –volts
              #9 -on/off -0.01 –volts

CN3 through CN6 all measure zero volts. (grounded at the nearest PS hold down screw and pushing pin through wires)
              ARGHH!!! We still aren't communicating. Let's do this properly. Part of the problem is I'm not familiar with this monitor. Some configurations make troubleshooting very difficult. Others allow you to hook all parts of the monitor together and still measure voltages.

Setup: Power supply / inverter (PS/I) connected to signal card. Computer with desktop showing connected to signal card. Monitor front panel connected to signal card. It is preferred the CCFLs from the LCD panel be connected to the power supply / inverter. If the design permits it, LCD panel connected to signal card.

Apply power to PS/I. Power LED should come on, if it doesn't, press the power button. CCFLs should light. Measure the voltages on CN2. If the design permitted it, you should see the desktop on the lcd panel. If the CCFLs are not connected do NOT try to measure the voltage on CN3-CN6. There is a very good chance you will destroy your DMM.

If the power LED goes off, changes to amber, etc, report it.

PlainBill

Comment

I'm able to connect all components while monitor is disassembled. I've followed the above directions.

LED lights blue for one second then turns off. CCFL's don't light up, not even momentarily.

Voltages remain as reported previously and are as follows
                CN2
                #8 - Dim - 0.05 –volts
                #9 -on/off -0.01 –volts

Comment

Originally posted by PlainBill View Post
                  I would suggest you take a good, clear picture of the signal card and attach it to your next post using 'Manage Attachments' (below the text entry area). We're looking for something like 2000 x 2000 pixel resolution.
                  john98103, we are still waiting for these pics.
                  --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

It's time to direct your attention to the signal card. The power LED turning off is definitely unusual. A good picture of YOUR card would be very helpful.

PlainBill

Comment

Boards for SyncMaster 204b

Power Supply IP-45130A
                      Video Board BN41-00620E
                      Attached Files

Comment

Boards for SyncMaster 204b

Power Supply IP-45130A
                        Video Board BN41-00620E
                        Good pictures, thanks. In the upper left corner of the signal card is an IC marked 1501-33. The is a voltage regulator. Pin 1 has a triangle next to it, pin 3 and the tab are both ground. What are the voltages on the other pins (try to get measurements with both power LED on and after the power LED turns off.

PlainBill

Comment

first of all; thanks for all the help.

there is an IC just below CN501 (ribbon from CN2) marked IC405 (9933B / W58A). is this the IC I should get voltages from?
                          Attached Files

Comment

PlainBill wants the voltages from the yellow circled component.
                            Attached Files
                            --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Pin 1 = 13.11V
                              Pin 2 = 3.64V
                              Pin 3 = 0
                              Pin 4 = 3.37V
                              Pin 5 = 0

The LED no longer lights on; previously I would have to have the power off for a short while to get the LED to turn off momentarily, now it won't light up after being powered off for 5 min.

Comment

Pin 1 = 13.11V
                                Pin 2 = 3.64V
                                Pin 3 = 0
                                Pin 4 = 3.37V
                                Pin 5 = 0

The LED no longer lights on; previously I would have to have the power off for a short while to get the LED to turn off momentarily, now it won't light up after being powered off for 5 min.
                                That voltage is essentially correct - it's a 3.3 volt regulator. I've identified a few more ICs on the picture (attached). What are their part numbers?

PlainBill
                                Attached Files

Comment

On the left of board, top down:
                                  IC405 9933B / W58A
                                  IC304 17-16 / 05481L (very hard to see)
                                  IC203 MP1583DN / 57975819 / MPS541

On the right side of board, left to right:
                                  IC301 LF25 / 6K1DT546
                                  IC604 CCRB / LM / 393M

also

I've had the power off to the monitor for 6 hours. I get no momentary blue led light any more when first switching on.

Comment

On the left of board, top down:
                                    IC405 9933B / W58A
                                    IC304 17-16 / 05481L (very hard to see)
                                    IC203 MP1583DN / 57975819 / MPS541

On the right side of board, left to right:
                                    IC301 LF25 / 6K1DT546
                                    IC604 CCRB / LM / 393M

also

I've had the power off to the monitor for 6 hours. I get no momentary blue led light any more when first switching on.
                                    IC405 9933B is a SI9938BDY dual P-channel mosfet.
                                    IC304 17-16 / 05481L (very hard to see) No match
                                    IC203 MP1583DN / 57975819 / MPS541 No match
                                    IC301 LF25 / 6K1DT546 is a LF25 2.5 volt regulator
                                    IC604 CCRB / LM / 393M is a LM393M dual comparator

Well, I'd hoped to do better. 3 parts out of 5 ID'd, only one of the three is of interest.

On IC301, the tab and the stub pin are Gnd. What are the voltages on the other two pins?

On IC 304, what are the voltages on each of the pins?

PlainBill

Comment

with the tab facing up:
                                      left pin = 3.23V
                                      right pin = 2.49V

Comment

with the tab facing up:
                                        left pin = 3.23V
                                        right pin = 2.49V
                                        That would make sense, assuming it's a 2.5 volt regulator.

PlainBill

Comment

IC 304 with tab at top:

tab = 1.81V
                                          left pin = 0V
                                          stub = 1.81V
                                          right pin = 3.23V

Comment

Working...
                                          X