Bfg Bfgrnf4u

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bfg Bfgrnf4u

From what I could see in that picture, in the first one I saw some small fujiyuu's to the left, the big one in the middle looks like a fujiyuu, but had the same style font as asia-x, and fujiyuu dosen't have a A after the I, so it must be. The one next to it is a teapo.

You should recap it or get a newer, more reputable power supply.

Comment

I put in a new power supply but am having the same response, which is no beeps. The fans come on. The hardrive light comes on and stays solid and that is were it sits.
      If I diconnect the hardrive before turning the system on, then all I get are the cpu and chipset fans running.

By the way. Thanks for all the help so far.

Comment

Three different new power supplies and still no change.

Comment

Did you check the CMOS battery?

Tried to reset the BIOS?

Comment

maybe you have 3 bad power supplies

brand/ model of them please
            sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

btw... is it just me or wth is going on..?!

i keep reading "big bang4u" as the topic every time i stuble across this thread.. o.O

lol

Comment

odd... id think having german as a ntive language would do that, but i speak some german my self (first year of it completed in high school, ill resume next month...

so
                sigpic

Comment

I've only heard bad things about BFG products.
                  Everything from Sacon FZ caps on video cards to caps loose and rolling around in the box as new. [More than one instance of both.]
                  I won't buy their stuff.
                  Mann-Made Global Warming.
                  - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
                  Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
                  -
                  You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
                  -

Comment

PCBONEZ; aww, now your gonna make Jonnyguru sad
                    "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

In my opinion BFG isn't so bad, it depends on the product that you buy from them.

I had a BFG NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500 256MB AGP 8X video card back then, factory overclocked to 290MHz (the FX 5500's stock speed is 270MHz). It had green 8mm Taicon 1000uf 6.3V caps. Those caps were still good, but I decided to replace all of the Taicon caps with Nichicon HE series 1000uf 6.3V 8mm caps. It's been retired from my own use a long time ago, but I still have it and it still works great.

Also, its stock fan/heatsink was replaced with a slightly larger and better looking fan/heatsink from a dead XFX NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500 video card.
                      My gaming PC:
                      AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition 3.3GHz Six-Core CPU (Socket AM3)
                      ASUS M4A77TD AMD 770 AM3 Motherboard
                      PowerColor AMD Radeon RX 480 8GB GDDR5 PCI-Express x16 3.0 Graphics Card
                      G.SKILL Value Series 16GB DDR3-1333 RAM (4x4GB dual channel)
                      TOSHIBA DT01ACA200 2TB 3.5" SATA HDD (x2)
                      WD Caviar Green WD20EARX 2TB 3.5" SATA HDD
                      ASUS Xonar DG 5.1 Channel PCI sound card
                      Antec HCG-750M 750W ATX12V v2.32 80 PLUS BRONZE Power Supply
                      Antec Three Hundred Mid-Tower Case
                      Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
                      Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit

Comment

Originally posted by Per Hansson
                        PCBONEZ; aww, now your gonna make Jonnyguru sad
                        Well that's jonnyGURU's problem isn't it.

-
                        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
                        -
                        You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
                        -

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie2
                          In my opinion BFG isn't so bad, it depends on the product that you buy from them.

I had a BFG NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500 256MB AGP 8X video card back then, factory overclocked to 290MHz (the FX 5500's stock speed is 270MHz). It had green 8mm Taicon 1000uf 6.3V caps. Those caps were still good, but I decided to replace all of the Taicon caps with Nichicon HE series 1000uf 6.3V 8mm caps. It's been retired from my own use a long time ago, but I still have it and it still works great.

Also, its stock fan/heatsink was replaced with a slightly larger and better looking fan/heatsink from a dead XFX NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500 video card.
                          Use BFG if you want to. I don't need the extra trouble.
                          I have enough to do already.

http://www.taicon.com.tw/product/en-index.htm
                          [ See upper left corner. ]
                          Taicon is affiliated with Nichicon so for all we know your old caps and your new caps came out of the same factory.

Taicon -labeled- caps don't necessarily get [or don't -always- get] Jap' procured Aluminum and electrolyte as specified by Nichicon for the Nichicon branded caps which is why Taicon isn't as consistent or reliable as Nichicon. Presumably, when they -can-, Taicon will use the 'good stuff' in their own branded caps, so, Taicon can be assumed to have good runs and bad runs of caps. Problem is at our end there is no way to know which you got. [Unless they fail of course.]

-

- Dr Seuss
                          -
                          -

Comment

quote from site:

"Best Viewed with Internet Explorer 4.0 . The best exploring resolution is 800x600."

im not kidding:

Bullshit. not only do the caps suck, so does the site. at least teapo has a decent site (when it isnt being reported as an attack site )
                            Attached Files
                            sigpic

Comment

Interesting, teapo has a pdf you can download that shows you comparable series from other manufactures to their series.

They have nichicon, rubycon, panasonic, NCC, capxon, ost, lelon, ltec, elite, elna, and samxon.

Comment

800x600? ie4? OLD SKOOL!!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X