Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 42LV5400 problems with vertical band (20cm) with only somes colors

Hi,
    I get this TV which power up but no LG Logo display or whatever.
    Try to "bake" the mainboard at 385 for 10 minutes without success.

So, I order a new mainboard which at first.... has the same problem
    since the shipping cost was almost the price of the board itself...
    Again, I try to "bake" it 385 for 10 minutes but then, the TV start and everything seems fines! Nices colors, bright screen...

But... here's the problems:
    With some flashy colors (blue sky or yellow (like in simpson)) there's 3 bands on the screen on which there's somes glitch with colors. It's appears only for few frames (almost perfect before you see it... then you only check thoses lines... Theses 3 of them. 20 cm thick.

But most of the time, thoses are not visible.

I take picture with a Simpson Episode and pause picture on the right time to get the frame with the maximum "glitch". the next frame, all seems perfect...

Now I'm wondering... does the screen is defective or maybe it's the T-CON or... still the mainboard...

but for the T-Con and Mainboard.. I think that the problem would be more visible ...I think... (like whole screen or half screen problems) no??

But here, most of the time, the picture is perfect (see the first image checking for firmware update)

And even the picture test appear almost perfect except a bunch of red pixels in the yellow bar on the shirt of the player (see football players picture).

I do the service remote hack to access the service mode.

And I do the pattern tests.
    Every colors look fine except sometimes, the green have a darker thick 20cm line. Which I could see when there's light blue sky images.
    (Full red and full green pictures attached)

It is a LG models 42LV5400, the mainboard I buy was on a 47LV5400.
    I adjust in service mode: the models name, screen size... but it's does'nt solve my problem...

So..
    what do you think? still mainboard problem, T-CON problems or... defective screen...

Since the mainboard was costly... not sure If it's worth it to try a T-CON...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by gtremblay; 08-05-2019, 05:54 PM.

Re: LG 42LV5400 problems with vertical band (20cm) with only somes colors

looks like the tab or driver ic to me.

Comment

Probably still mainboard issue, a trusted repair service is probably your best bet as mentioned in other thread.

Comment

... well... I found a service manual for another LG in which they show somes of the potential problems.
        and
        I think you're right CapLeaker...

The pictures in the manual for a "TAB IC Defect" is exactly what I have on my screen...

and it said : un-repairable cases.. exchange module..

so the lcd panel is defective and there's nothing to do it seems...

thank you all for your help
        Attached Files

Comment

If it's your own personal tv, not a customers, you can take it down to the tab bonds and apply a little pressure if it clears up, could be candidate for the shim method. If that is the issue.

Comment

Demonstration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlCHVoSpX_8

Comment

Yes, this tv is not for resale, it's more "just for fun" and learn. so I'll try.
              Thanks for the video!

Because the trouble is hard to see, I made an image with the colors I've got problems. Now we see every vertical block at once

It will be easier to see if it's works or not

I keep you updated when I'll try.

Thank you!
              Attached Files
              Last edited by gtremblay; 08-07-2019, 05:53 PM.

Comment

What's strange to me is how it's moving from one side to the other, usually they're stationary in line with the tab bond.

Comment

Lead free solder melts at about 217°C/422°F, perhaps your reflow wasn't 100% successful.

Comment

to me its Main board issue, in set ( firmware )test picture & menu displayed correctly . only via video signal source such sat areal cable or av or HDMI will show this issue. if it was panel then the issue will be display on any source.

check your LVDS socket on MB it may worn by heating.

Comment

so,
                      I try to gently push every tab bonds (like in the video) but nothing change in the screen.

Maybe it still this sh**y motherboard...
                      or the Tab IC or driver IC like CapLeaker said..

the test picture in firmware (football player) show a little glitch also in the same vertical block part.

All the sources hdmi, smarttv has the glitch . Try a Android box and a Roku also with a picture on a usb key (previous image cyan, yellow and blue) . It all shows the same glitch.

I will recheck every cables just in case. Thanks Diah for the suggestion.

And if nothing work, I'll try to reflow the mainboard again as diif suggest

I keep you updated!

Thank you !!!
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by gtremblay; 08-09-2019, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X