Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Panasonic TC-P65S2 no good HDMIs left - Suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic TC-P65S2 no good HDMIs left - Suggestions?

Several years ago during a heavy storm, I got a surge on my cable line which took out the cable box, the A/V receiver HDMI connected to it, and the HDMI input on the back of the Panasonic TC-P65S2. (It actually took out BOTH HDMI inputs to the TV). But HDMI3 still worked (on the side of the TV). SO for years I just used the side HDMI input-

Two weeks ago the same thing happened - Cable box, A/V receiver HDMI, and the last of the Panasonic HDMI inputs. I've already replaced this TV, and I am at a point where I need to determine what to to with this broken beast. It is still in "like-new" condition (with the exception of it not working...)

Options:
    1) Take it to the dump
    2) Try to find a replacement board (TNPH0831AF) and cross my fingers that it will bring this back to life, then perhaps sell it for a couple hundred dollars?
    3) Strip for parts? (Is there a market for these parts?)

Being surface mount, trying to replace individual components seems like it would be VERY difficult... especially since I only have tools for repairing through-hole-type boards.

Any suggestions?

Re: Panasonic TC-P65S2 no good HDMIs left - Suggestions?

you've got 2 choices. replace the main IC on the main board, or replace the main board. That's about it. There is no HDMI switching IC, as the HDMI goes straight into the main IC.

Comment

Re: Panasonic TC-P65S2 no good HDMIs left - Suggestions?

Donated to a friend of mine-

Comment

Working...
      X