Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gigabyte AB350-Gaming3

Hi,
    I need to upgrade this bios with a version for Pinnacle Ridge CPU support (F20).
    I only have a Ryzen 5 2600 CPU and it doesn't boot, when powered, on motherboard the CPU LED is ON.
    I want to reprogram the IC Bios and would like to know what programmer would I need.

Re: Gigabyte AB350-Gaming3

I wouldn't be surprised if you're screwed, because of the Ryzen 2-series having different electrical requirements, so the UEFI-BIOS always selects the wrong voltages.
    ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

I believe the files on the Gigagbyte website are just updates so a programmer won't work,
      You can a replacement chip already programmed with the latest BIOS from ebay for £10.

Comment

''Ryzen 5 2600'' is indeed supported on your mobo from BIOS version F20 and upwards.

https://www.gigabyte.com/in/Motherbo...1x#support-cpu

Your best option is to use a CPU which supports, update BIOS and then replace the CPU. If you have no way to access an out of box supported CPU, you have to use a in-circuit programmer [ ISP ] to upgrade the BIOS. De-soldering the chip, programming and then re-soldering will void your warranty. But BIOS programmers are costly and the cheap ones like CH341A are not that much reliable. You can give CH341A a try if you are out of options. In my experience, CH341A mostly works with Winbond chips and other Chip support seems to be flaky. If you are not concerned with warranty, your best option will be to order a per-programmed chip as the other guy has suggested.
        Last edited by anshad; 05-10-2019, 11:59 PM.

Comment

You may be able to get a loan CPU from AMD to perform the upgrade:

https://www.techspot.com/news/73334-...ssor-help.html
          "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Hi,
            On the motherboard is 2 chips MX25U12873F.
            I have a CH341A programmer.
            What I need is the hex file to prog those chips.
            Thanks
            Attached Files

Comment

Can you boot from the backup bios ,press power AND the reset button together for about 10 sec, then release .
              All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

I will try, but I have Ryzen 5 2600 cpu, I don't have an old processor.

Comment

Working...
                X