Samsung LCD LN40AQ550P3FXZA Solarization Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung LCD LN40AQ550P3FXZA Solarization Issue

Hi all. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thiss is a Samsung LCD TV model LN40A550P3FXZA with a picture solarization issue that I am trying to trouble shoot.

I have spent most of my time troubleshooting the T-con board. All test points on the T-con board have stable DC voltages. I have documented those voltages on all test points but can not find anywhere what these voltages should be. The GRD test point on the T-conn board reads 1.8v DC which seems like it should read 0 v DC.

No capacitors on any of the boards appear to have issues. I would like to be sure which board needs to be replaced before I buy a replacement board. Attached are pictures of the TV picture that shows the issue if that would help isolate which board may be bad.

Thanks

Jim
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung LCD LN40AQ550P3FXZA Solarization Issue

Also attached are pictures of each of the 3 boards on this Samsung LCD LN40AQ550P3FXZA with a Solarization Issue.
    Attached Files

Comment

See where it says GAMMA? those would be the points to test.
      Last edited by nomoresonys; 08-17-2019, 10:18 AM.

Comment

they should go gradually in one direction like 1.2, 2.3, 3.4 so on if next one is like 1.2 then you have a problem with the gamma ic, I do believe.

Comment

Yes. I have tested the GAMA test points and have the readings for each test point, but I don't know what readings would indicate proper voltages. I have also tested the 5 additional test points inside the GAMA test points and the 5 test points to the left of the yellow ribbon connector. However I have no documentation that tells me what each test point should read.

Comment

What are your readings? start with 1 then 2, 3, thru 17 post results here.

Comment

These are the reading from ground to the test point, not reading between test points. Meaning black to ground and red to test point 1, etc.

1 15.0
              2 12.83
              3 12.04
              4 11.14
              5 10.73
              6 10.40
              7 9.98
              8 9.12
              9 8.16

10 13.19
              11 14.08
              12 11.64
              13 6.81
              14 5.62
              15 4.88
              16 3.56
              17 2.65

Comment

Yes, faulty gamma ic, I'd guess an AS15.

Comment

Looks like AS19-H1G

Comment

Your tcon part number is 35-D026047. Lots on ebay. I have gotten damaged and non-working used tcons on ebay so it's a bit of a crap shoot unless you can find a new one. I find 10 yr old obsolete LCD TVs are getting less worth it to repair. TV is only worth about $80 working.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
                      Looks like AS19-H1G
                      You're right, I didn't zoom in on the photo.

Comment

Thanks for the opinion that it is a bad T-Con board because of the bad Gama IC, but what leads you to that conclusion based on the test point data? Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by jm442123 View Post
                          Thanks for the opinion that it is a bad T-Con board because of the bad Gama IC, but what leads you to that conclusion based on the test point data? Just curious.
                          A non faulty one produces a linear graph when plotted.

Comment

Last edited by nomoresonys; 08-17-2019, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Last edited by nomoresonys; 08-17-2019, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Yes. I ordered a "new" T-con board on ebay for $28.22. It looked like the Gama IC was about $12. At those prices I would just a well go with a whole new T-con board. I am hoping it is a good T-con board.

Diff .... So a good board would have a downward slope of the voltages from TP1 to TP17. Is that correct? Thanks for all of your help.

Jim

Comment

This is a rough graph of you voltages, its not that bad but your picture is not that bad. If more of the voltages were off your picture would look a lot worse.
                                  Attached Files
                                  Last edited by R_J; 08-17-2019, 03:14 PM.

Comment

T-CON check spreadsheet by Tom66:
                                    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...&highlight=VGH
                                    Never stop learning
                                    Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                    http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Did you read post 4?? On your chart you're ok 1 thru 9 then it goes up, which is bad. Not rocket science.
                                      Last edited by nomoresonys; 08-17-2019, 03:27 PM.

Comment

lin·e·ar
                                        /ˈlinēər/
                                        Learn to pronounce
                                        adjective
                                        adjective: linear

arranged in or extending along a straight or nearly straight line.
                                        "linear movement"
                                        consisting of or predominantly formed using lines or outlines.
                                        "simple linear designs"
                                        involving one dimension only.
                                        "linear elasticity"
                                        Mathematics
                                        able to be represented by a straight line on a graph; involving or exhibiting directly proportional change in two related quantities.
                                        "linear functions"
                                        progressing from one stage to another in a single series of steps; sequential.
                                        "a linear narrative"

Origin

Comment

Working...
                                        X