Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stupid Intel

Originally posted by shovenose View Post
    Yes but it's specifically for that board.
    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...adType=Drivers
    Didn't read the note, did ya...

""IMPORTANT NOTICE: All information and software contained herein is provided "AS IS" to Intel customers.""

Intel doesn't guarantee Linux drivers will work.
    They pretty much never do - for anything.

They also don't make and usually don't test them for non-Intel chips.
    They just pass forward what the mfr [in this case SIS] gives them.
    Last edited by PCBONEZ; 02-23-2012, 03:11 PM.
    Mann-Made Global Warming.
    - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
    -
    You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
    -

Comment

Re: Stupid Intel

I've been using the same board in a tiny ITX case for service work, like backing up customer data if the system is too f*cked up to boot and stuff like that. The whole system fits in a backpack, so it's easy to take it with you.

Haven't had any RAM issues, but the only RAM sticks I tested it with were a 512MB Samsung DDR2-667 and a Team Group 2GB DDR2-800 (Samsung OEM, PCB looks 98% identical to the 512MB stick)

Software wise, I'm using XP, so that's probably why I didn't encounter driver / OS compatibility probs yet.

If you know it's limitations, that board can work pretty well. Heck.. it was originally designed for developing and/or 3rd world countries..

Comment

Working...
      X