Samsung Syncmaster 225BW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung Syncmaster 225BW

Hooray, replaced all 6 caps, monitor all fine now. The 820 (12.5x20) barely fits, had to tilt one very slightly, the bottom of the cap is touching the other cap. Hope that's ok (but then I saw some were touching on others). Seems to be working good.

ellectronico - I'd check your wirings (inside and outside monitor).

Comment

can anyone help with an alternate part number???

Comment

Originally posted by ZippyDan
        can anyone help with an alternate part number???
        P12386-ND EEU-FM1E331

Better hurry. They only have 74,000 left.

PlainBill
        For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Greetings,

I read the Faq and did a search before posting, I hope I followed your procedures correctly.

I have a Samsung 225BW that has the same symptoms described by others; turn it on and the screen flashes for a moment then goes black. Previously, I was able to press the on/off button several times and it would work, but as of today it only flashes and and goes black.

I opened the monitor and took the picture below. The Caps with arrows were all swollen and the middle one was oozing. The numbers on the bad Caps follow;

2 X 820uF25V
          1 X 30uF25V

Other Caps that have no visible damage, but I assume you will recommend to replace are;

2 X 680uF25V
          1 X 150uF450V

I could use help determining the part #s of the caps I you think I should replace.

Thanks for your help and the great website.

Comment

There was obviously a typo, "1 X 30uF25V", should have been 1 X 330uF25V.

From reading I am assuming these are the proper caps with part numbers for DIGIKEY

2x 565-1551-ND 25v 680uf KY (EKY-250ELL681MJ20S)
            2x 565-1553-ND 25v 820uf KY (EKY-250ELL821MJ25S)
            1x 565-1547-ND 25v 330uf KY (EKY-250ELL331MJC5S)

The one I am unsure of is 150uF450V

Comment

Originally posted by Spectrepilot
              There was obviously a typo, "1 X 30uF25V", should have been 1 X 330uF25V.

From reading I am assuming these are the proper caps with part numbers for DIGIKEY

2x 565-1551-ND 25v 680uf KY (EKY-250ELL681MJ20S)
              2x 565-1553-ND 25v 820uf KY (EKY-250ELL821MJ25S)
              1x 565-1547-ND 25v 330uf KY (EKY-250ELL331MJC5S)

The one I am unsure of is 150uF450V
              FAQ on inserting pictures.

Those caps will work. In most cases it's not necessary to replace the large (150uF, 450V) cap. The have a very low failure rate. That cap is so large that it usually is not available in a radial leaded style. Instead they have it with snap-in leads. Digikey has over a dozen to choose from ranging from $4.05 to $9.36. Choose one that will fit.

PlainBill
              For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Caps arrived and installed, monitor back to normal ops.

Many thanks to those who helped!

Comment

Just wanted to toss in my thanks for the great info and this excellent forum!

A friend gave me his 'dead' 225BW and after replacing the bulging, leaking CapXon caps it's alive and well again. A check of the hidden service menu showed he had logged almost 9700 hours so he got his money's worth. We'll see how much farther I can push it.

I just checked the thread on my Sceptre X22WG and guess what? More CapXon caps! I'm prepared this time.

Thanks,
                  George

Comment

I just bought this same monitor (Samsung 225BW) with a different revision power convertor board but same result - Bad Caps. This was Revision 0.2 .
                    C305 = 330 25V
                    C304 = 330 25V
                    C112 = 330 25V
                    C110 = 820 25V
                    C111 = 820 25V
                    C107 = 47 50V
                    C105 = 150 450V
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Dgtech; 03-16-2010, 03:25 PM.
                    The strong-minded rise to the challenge of their goals,the weak-minded BECOME HATERS

Comment

OK, after replacing the caps to my 225bw monitor I then started to reassemble it only to realize that I'm uncertain of order that the two pairs of wires connect to the two identical connectors on the same edge of the board. Two pairs of wires connect to each connnector -- one pair is made up of a black and a while wire while the other pair has a pink (almost orange) and a white wire. Here's a link to a pic of a board off a 226bw...

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...chmentid=12927

Is the order the same for the 225bw?

Thanks for you help with this.

Comment

Originally posted by jbrune
                        OK, after replacing the caps to my 225bw monitor I then started to reassemble it only to realize that I'm uncertain of order that the two pairs of wires connect to the two identical connectors on the same edge of the board. Two pairs of wires connect to each connnector -- one pair is made up of a black and a while wire while the other pair has a pink (almost orange) and a white wire. Here's a link to a pic of a board off a 226bw...

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...chmentid=12927

Is the order the same for the 225bw?

Thanks for you help with this.
                        Probably. One suggestion is to mark each connector so you can get it together the same way. Another is to observe the natural 'lay' of the wires to determine which plug goes to which connector. OR you can take advantage of the fact that the CCFLs are identical, so it doesn't really matter which goes where, as long as they fit and the wires aren't stretched.

PlainBill

Comment

My 225BW's capacitors are giving up on me so I'm out to buy new ones.

I managed to find x3 35v 330uf KY,
                          but for the x2 25v 820uf KY they didn't stock them anywhere, all they have are 50v 1000uf.

Is there any potential danger in using a 50v 1000uf capacitor over the 25v 820uf that was fitted?

Thanks.

Comment

DigiKey has the 820uF in stock right now.
                            565-1553-ND 25v 820uf KY (EKY-250ELL821MJ25S)

I'm having issues finding the 63v 47uF one.
                            565-1855-ND 63v 47uf LXY (ELXY630ELL470MH12D)

They're out of stock till 5/28.

Anyone able to find these on another site? Or something similar that would work? I realize that this one can vary a bit as posted earlier.

Thanks!

Comment

Well, I found another site that happens to have something similar. Can anyone verify if this will work?

United chemicon KME series 47uf, 63VDC Radial Electrolytic Capacitor. 105 degree rated, 20% tolerance. Ideal for power supply filters, power supply decoupling, audio coupling and more. 12.5 mm tall, 8mm diameter, with lead spacing of 2 mm.

http://www.talonix.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=8940

This is replacing the:
                              565-1855-ND 63v 47uf LXY (ELXY630ELL470MH12D)
                              From DigiKey that is out of stock currently.

I'm not sure what the difference is between the LXY series from DigiKey and the KME series as listed on the talonix website.

Although this Cap doesn't appear to be bad on my board I don't want to risk it and would rather replace them all while I have it torn apart.

Thanks again to all the helpful people in this thread!

Comment

Originally posted by Lyenyo
                                My 225BW's capacitors are giving up on me so I'm out to buy new ones.

I managed to find x3 35v 330uf KY,
                                but for the x2 25v 820uf KY they didn't stock them anywhere, all they have are 50v 1000uf.

Is there any potential danger in using a 50v 1000uf capacitor over the 25v 820uf that was fitted?

Thanks.
                                Just to follow up on this, I replaced the following:
                                x3 - 330uf 25v with 3x - 330uf 35v
                                x2 - 820uf 25v with 2x - 1000uf 35v
                                1x - 47uf 50v with 1x - 47uf 100v

and the monitor is working perfectly again, turns on instantly without any warming up. I've had it on for over 24 hours now and no issues!

Comment

I have a 225bw that is exhibiting the turn on solid blue than display blanks. Eventually after turning on and off multiple times it finally stays on. Don't want to have to keep my monitor on 24/7. Though I must say I have had good use out of it. 16190 hours on top and bottom bulbs.

I believe I measured the capacitors correctly but here is what it has. The board is labeled 225bw Rev 0.1 if that helps any.
                                  1 47uF - 50V 5mm x 10mm
                                  1 330uF - 25V 10mm x 12mm
                                  2 680uF - 25V 10mm x 15mm
                                  2 820uF - 25V 10mm x 20mm

Would these replacements be good? Will be ordering from Digi-Key most likely with what is in stock at the time.

Replacing the 47uF with 565-2004-ND
                                  Replacing the 330uF with P12386-ND
                                  Replacing the 680uF with P12390-ND
                                  Replacing the 820uF with P11222-ND

Thanks.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by vonmolk
                                    I have a 225bw that is exhibiting the turn on solid blue than display blanks. Eventually after turning on and off multiple times it finally stays on. Don't want to have to keep my monitor on 24/7. Though I must say I have had good use out of it. 16190 hours on top and bottom bulbs.

I believe I measured the capacitors correctly but here is what it has. The board is labeled 225bw Rev 0.1 if that helps any.
                                    1 47uF - 50V 5mm x 10mm
                                    1 330uF - 25V 10mm x 12mm
                                    2 680uF - 25V 10mm x 15mm
                                    2 820uF - 25V 10mm x 20mm

Would these replacements be good? Will be ordering from Digi-Key most likely with what is in stock at the time.

Replacing the 47uF with 565-2004-ND
                                    Replacing the 330uF with P12386-ND
                                    Replacing the 680uF with P12390-ND
                                    Replacing the 820uF with P11222-ND

Thanks.
                                    The only problem is discussed in this thread.

The caps you selected should work; did you check dimensions?

PlainBill

Comment

Sorry about that thought I followed the how to insert a picture correctly.
                                      The caps I selected dimension per Digi-Key
                                      47uF is 6.3mm x 11.5mm
                                      330uF is 10.00mm x 12.50mm
                                      680uF is 10.00mm x 20.00mm
                                      820uF is 12.50mm x 20.00mm

It is as close as I could get to the original size. Just want to make sure I get the right caps the first time.

Thank you.

Comment

Hello to everyone! I am a newbie and was searching around the web to find problems with Samsung SyncMaster 225BW- This is the monitor I had purchased some time back a couple years ago. Anyways, as I was reading this thread, it appears that most of the people are having problems with the screen going off and having to push the power button a number of times to get the screen to work! I have not had that problem yet- My problem is that perhaps my monitor is on its way to that! Not sure! It appears that it is starting to take a longer time for the screen to come on. It also starts out black and starts to get brighter with some flickering in between until it finally comes on like it is supposed to. So now I am wondering if the capacitors are going bad? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
                                        Emile

Comment

Originally posted by Gammaray
                                          Hello to everyone! I am a newbie and was searching around the web to find problems with Samsung SyncMaster 225BW- This is the monitor I had purchased some time back a couple years ago. Anyways, as I was reading this thread, it appears that most of the people are having problems with the screen going off and having to push the power button a number of times to get the screen to work! I have not had that problem yet- My problem is that perhaps my monitor is on its way to that! Not sure! It appears that it is starting to take a longer time for the screen to come on. It also starts out black and starts to get brighter with some flickering in between until it finally comes on like it is supposed to. So now I am wondering if the capacitors are going bad? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
                                          Emile
                                          It could be the capacitors. Open it up and see if any capacitors are bulging. If they are, replace them all.

PlainBill

Comment

Working...
                                          X