Dell XM091 (PowerEdge 840) - Help identify caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell XM091 (PowerEdge 840) - Help identify caps

I was wondering if you guys could help me identify these bad caps and tell me what I should replace them with.. :/ I've attached two pictures of each side of the cap to help provide as much info as possible.
    Attached Files

Re: Dell XM091 (PowerEdge 840) - Help identify caps

Originally posted by envyrabid View Post
    I was wondering if you guys could help me identify these bad caps and tell me what I should replace them with.. :/
    That is a United Chemi-con KZJ 1800uF 6.3V cap.

Depending on the dimensions of the above cap, Badcaps.net sells 2 Rubycon MCZ versions of the 1800uF 6.3V cap just in different sizes. Choose the size that matches your United Chemi-con.

See

https://www.badcaps.net/pages.php?vid=22
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Have you encountered bad caps in this unit or not?
      I have a couple of these in service...

Comment

I have more then a couple of these servers and have never had a problem with bad capacitors in them.

Comment

Glad to hear, I didn't want to spend the next however long they're still in service for, fretting about them.

Comment

Excellent! I just ordered these:
            https://www.badcaps.net/store/produc...products_id=37

The motherboard has 3 of these... one of them was bulging out and oozying out of the top.. the other two looked ok but I figured I'd replace them since they are the same kind of caps.

Comment

Thanks everyone!!! I really appreciate it.

Comment

OK, had one of the servers I was talking about on the bench - PowerEdge 800, not 840.
                Everything happy inside, almost all Rubycon with a few Chemicon.

Comment

it's an old thread but at year 7; i've noticed that my poweredge 840 has a bad cap. in fact, on ebay; i notice that the cap failure is always at the same point around the cpu.

i will be swapping in my backup server's motherboard and then recapping them; will post pictures then.

Comment

Working...
                  X