• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

I am also new, and thanks to you guys.

Comment

Hello,

Just registered and I am looking forward to learning more regarding component level electronics diagnostics and design.

Thanks for creating the forum!

Rick

Comment

Hello All.

I stumbled across this forum while Googling for info on a malfunctioning Vizio monitor and I'm not afraid to crack it open and attempt a repair. I look forward to learning, with guidance from your posts, to get this thing working again.

I have no tech background or experience. I'm just a gal who likes to learn new things and likes even more to save money performing the repairs when I can.

Again, thanks for creating and maintaining this forum.

Cheers!

Alice

Comment

hello

Comment

Hello people of the inter web I need to write a post to get access of writing a post so that I can ask for help about my Technika 22" TV

anyway adiós!

Comment

Hello All,

Got all sorts of items to fix and kept coming back here, time to sign up and fix this stuff!

1x Sony kdl-46s4100 - Can see picture but green/blue pixels it looks like.
              3x Samsung 206DW (going off memory here) - Flickr on or black screen, caps on these for sure well documented should be no problem.
              1x Samsung 61" DLP (getting part #) - White speckles all over screen??!?

Hope to find and fix some stuff, thanks guys!
              - J
              ..:: On The Repair Block ::..
              .: (1) Sony KDL-46S4100 LCD .:. (3) Samsung 206BW LCD :.
              .: Canon SD600 DigiCam (LCD) :.

Comment

Hi guys, just came across this forum while looking for info on a SS Board for a Panasonic TC-P50U50 Plasma... I'm really digging this site... As a owner of a AV company in Austin, TX , I may have just found my new home online... Thank you, to you all for the awesome info on this site...

Comment

HI guys im here to learn from you, i hope to learn alot from all of you thanks.

Comment

Hi guys im from colombia, im spanish, i speak little english i understand, when someone talk to me on english, well im 19 years old, im start getting into pc and laptops 8 months ago, i know basic electronic , thats why im here to learn from you guys, i want to become a computer enginer i hope my dream come true in the future, i dont have a job, here in colombia small oportunities, and well i just want to learn alot,and more in the electronic of pc and laptops, i hope you guys can give me hand when ever i have a pc or laptop will be a great help,hope to make good friends, ok guys thanks.

Comment

Hello everyone

Long time lurker, finally posting here.
                      Always liked tinkering with electronics; mostly self-taught and eventually making a living from it until somewhere around 2000 when jumped ship to computers
                      For the record, my first computer was a C-64 around 1986 (back then modded the datasette so you can plug a standard headphone to adjust the damn azimut). From there was my first pc, a 486DX4 100MHz overclocked to 133MHz... fun times.
                      Linux user from 2003, mostly Debian, Mac OS X user from 2008, and non-windows user from anything after xp.
                      Not a programmer at all; but most people call me when their windows bit the dust and format-and-restore is not an option.

Well, enough rambling for now.

Cheers.

Comment

Hi all,

Like many, been a lurker for a while, and advice from people here has saved more than a few of my devices over the years
                        Early 20s, studied physics at uni, user of Mac, Windows and Linux (current device is an 11" MBA), and have a rather low ratio of successful assemblies-to-disassemblies (but it's getting better).

Cheers.

Comment

Hello everyone,
                          My name is Paul, I'm in the Morristown area. I started out with an Apple II+ with a tape drive. I'm in my forties. Did my first soldering job on a coffee machine a few months ago. It was a great feeling to fix something on my own. I found the forum looking for a fix for my Vizio plasma. I'm hoping to learn a little more about electronics repair.
                          Thanks for this forum.

Comment

Hello everyone,

thanks for all work on the forum, I found it very often when googling for some repair advices, and it helped usually.

Thanks, Zdenek

Comment

Hi everyone, new member here and first post. I'm a mechanical engineer in the professional racing business (NASCAR) and have worked for the same company for 21 years now. I am also a licensed General Class radio amateur who would like to know more about the fundamentals of electronics so I joined up to learn from some of the wise old owls who frequent this forum.

Thanks, Rusty

Comment

Hi guys. I joined this forum while searching for information on repairing Vizio TV my kid was going to throw out because of display issues. Many years ago I was a TV Tech. Went in the Navy and was an Electronic Technician on a submarine. Worked as a radio tech for many years, before changing career fields. Now all my repair work is just for myself and friends.

Comment

Great info and forum! Thank you.

Comment

Lots of info here. Thanks

Comment

I have absolutely no electronics experience. Hope to repair a Panasonic 50" Plasma Model TC-P50U50. Lots of info on this site - thanks!

Comment

Hello,My name is Dennis,I'm from Seymour,Indiana. I've been in the electronics field since 1995. I repaired welders,plasma cutters etc. I just started working on TV's and computers as a hobby to try to help family and friends with their TV's.so I have a lot to learn. Thanks for letting me become a member.

Comment

Hi, I am from sunny California and wanted to subscribe so I can learn to fix my electronics. Thanks for letting me join!

Comment

Working...
                                          X