Samsung UN75F6300AFXZA Left Half of the screen Dark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UN75F6300AFXZA Left Half of the screen Dark

My back lights were out, So I ordered new strips and installed them. After the TV was put back together and turned on, the right side of the TV works perfect (side of the LED strips connectors). The left side, is darker, yellow is dark yellow, red is dark red, and so on. Sometimes the TV looks good.
    I used a backlight meter to check the LEDs after installing them in the TV. The Old led strips, has a voltage of 58volts. The new LED strips, (24 LEDs), has a voltage of 54volts. Also, when I removed the white papers, I lifted a corner and put take on them, and removed all of them as one. I also marked the corners, leftside top, rightside top.
    Could the problem still be the white papers, or even the 2 filter on the bottom of the TV.
    Any recommendation to look for when I take the TV back apart?

Re: Samsung UN75F6300AFXZA Left Half of the screen Dark

Any prolems with the diffuser sheets would effect the whole screen not just half, 4 volts over 24 led's will have little effect, check your cables between the t-con and panel board. hopefully you did'nt damage the screen during removal.

Comment

How do I disconnect the T-Com board from the filter connection? I tried pulling straight down, but not too hard. I can't get it to release. I want to check the left side to compare the right side. I had to disconnect the t-con board and keep it attached to the panel when I removed the panel.
      Also, I read somewhere to pull the foil tabs off the panel to fix this problem. If the right side is the problem pull the right foil off? Is this a good fix?
      My problem is not horizontal darkness, but a vertical darker side. I was very careful when I took the panel off. I used suction cups to lift it up high enough to place a large heavy cardboard under the panel. I then carried the card board to remove the panel to another area.

Comment

Post some pictures, usually the t-con has 2 flat cables between the t-con and the lcd panel. they should have thin usually brown latches that lift up releasing the cable

You need to be carefull with suction cups, too much suction can cause the panel to crack, inspect the area where you had the suction cups.
        Last edited by R_J; 08-23-2019, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Sorry I did say filter connections, but I meant driver boards ribbons which connect to the T-con board.

Comment

I changed the t-com board and got the same problem. I switched the 2 t-com cables to see if the problem goes to the other side. it didn't. I saw someone removed the foil on the tv edge, pulled off on the bad side. Is this a good fix? Anyone know what this do to the tv? See the attachments showing the left side picture is darker than the right side picture
            Attached Files

Comment

May be a tab bond issue, strip it down to the tab bonds and apply light pressure to tab bond see if that dark area goes away or changes, there's a demo video on youtube.
              Last edited by nomoresonys; 09-16-2019, 03:50 PM.

Comment

There's one video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHst6pKLtTE

Comment

This Samsung probably uses Sharp panel that probably has typical side tab issue, budwich knows a lot more about it.
                  Last edited by budm; 09-16-2019, 04:09 PM.
                  Never stop learning
                  Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                  http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Originally posted by MilitaryBrat View Post
                    I changed the t-com board and got the same problem. I switched the 2 t-com cables to see if the problem goes to the other side. it didn't. I saw someone removed the foil on the tv edge, pulled off on the bad side. Is this a good fix? Anyone know what this do to the tv? See the attachments showing the left side picture is darker than the right side picture
                    what if anything is disconnected in terms of cabling during those pictures that you show? I would appear that the left side (looking at the tv) has some cabling disconnected somewhere.

You probably need to post pictures of the back of the set showing how things are connected along with a picture of the back at the bottom corner area where the bottom edge boards are connected to the side edge boards... hopefully that is how this set is designed / setup.
                    Last edited by budwich; 09-16-2019, 07:12 PM.

Comment

On second thought, after taking a good look at pictures, it looks like you just have some bad leds in backlights, just for fun check your backlight setting in the menu, guessing it's at max.
                      Last edited by nomoresonys; 09-17-2019, 03:10 AM.

Comment

I had purchased brand new backlight because some was out. I checked them all with a backlight checker, and checked them again when they all was connected. They all showed good. I checked the backlight setting in the menu and it was at 16 of 20. I lowered them to 11. I turned off the room lights to see if one side was brighter than the other, looking at the lights shining through the holes on the back. They looked about the same. I also thought some LEDS might be out, but sometimes the TV looks perfect until the scene change Heres different pictures, everything was connected excepted the on/off switch which is connected to the frame. I do connect this when I turn on the TV. I'll check out the YouTube link, and try to find
                        I never disconnected the edge boards for the T-com 2 cables to these boards, when I installed the new led backlights. I disconnect the single cable on top of the t-com board, removed the screws, and moved the edge boards and the t-com board as one piece.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Are you sure you can see all those backlights on? Looks like you have a whole strip out, just a little above the center of the display.

Comment

Did you try as I suggested in posts 7 and 8?

Comment

Try disconnecting the cable at the main coming from the power supply and plug in. Look to see if it's still darker in that area and also look at the holes in the back chassis and see if backlights look lit up evenly across the chassis.

Comment

Yes I did post 7 & 8. I watched the youtube video. I had someone watch the tv as i adjusted the edge boards, and all of the ribbon cable connected to them. Nothing flickered or made the color lighter or darker. When there is a picture of the sky, the tv looks almost normal. But when something is dark in the picture, the left side becomes dark. So because of this I believe all the backlight is working. Tomorrow I'll take the frame and screen off again. I 'll make sure all back light are the same brightness and play with the tabs on the side to see if the picture lighten up.

Comment

The back right side is the Front left side, which is the problem. Picture showing the backlight is good on both side. The back panel is connected and laying on the right side
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Back lights look good. I'm leaning also towards a side tab issue. We are already seeing MU series 8000 side tab issues in the 75".

Comment

The "tape cut off" method may work, won't hurt to try: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7vl7-vZEL8

Comment

From the last posted pictures of the configuration of the back of the set, it doesn't appear to show / indicate that there are side tabs... at least ones that I can see. I think there are on sets this large but usually they are only visible from the front. Anyway, you can try a further test that should prove whether it has something to do with connections going to the sides. In the last two pictures of the back of the set, they show "U" ribbon cables which interconnect the bottom side board "pairs". These are unclampable without ultimately causing any problems in terms of returning them back to "normal". The test here then is to disconnect the one associated with the OPPOSITE side to the "dark side". This will cause the signal to only attempt to make it thru the "bad" / dark side. IF that side has a bad signal path to the panel somewhere, then it is likely you will see NO picture. Go from there.
                                        Last edited by budwich; 09-18-2019, 06:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X