This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi Everybody.. My name is Rob, I have been in/out of electronics for many years. Have had plenty of successful repairs and have screwed up a great deal of devices attempting to make a repair I am currently working to advance my troubleshooting skills and thus advance my repair skills. Currently I am trying to power through an LCD monitor that (pretty much) has the 2 sec. to black. I am determined to repair it before I go and buy a board.. In fact I don't even need the monitor, using it as a learning experience. (it was free)

Comment

Hi all I'm a DIY from Sunny Florida (it's literally going to be in the 80's today). A little background, I'm a late 80's, 90's kid, that grew up in the technology and dot com boom. I remember playing Where in the World is Carmen San Diego,and Oregon trail in Kindergarden and then we got our first DOS home computer one Xmas and I couldn't tell you how many hours I spent playing Duck Tales. We had the luxury to be able to afford the first SEGA that came out and again spent hours playing Altered Beast, the first Sonic the Hedgehog and Golden Axe. Naturally all of this Video Game playing led me to an interest in Computers and Electronics. Jeeves seemed to know everything and be able to tell me how to do anything, so again I'm gonna dive head first into trying to fix my TV thats giving me problems. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone, and thanks to the forum creator for providing such an awesome place on the internet.

Comment

Hello all,just like to say hi and thanks for all the DIY info!

Comment

Hi I have always had a an interest in electronics having studied it up to University. I have a few issues with my TV hence the reason for joing the Forum

Comment

Hello All,

Bob from Pittsburgh Pennsylvania USA here. Trying to fix, you guessed it, bad caps or some such in a Samsung TV.

Cheers,
            Bob

Comment

Troy from Mn. Good info here. been taking things apart since I was a kid. cheers!

Comment

Hello, I'm Tonny and I fix electronics and now trying to learn how to work with televisions.

Comment

Hi there. I am 100% new to fixing TVs and am desperately trying to fix mine after it died a few days ago.

Comment

Boy do i need help with my tv!

Comment

Started in electronics in 1967 (first job) and did board repair, communication work, bench component level repairs and television engineering. Retired, have a pavilion dv7 which I hope to repair. Nice to find these discussions.

Comment

I'm known as "Peanut"...and also known to build strange projects...like putting motorcycle carbs on cars and alligator skin in a Mercedes...I have an Associate Degree in electronics technology...I still have an electronics mag around....where they were cooling a cpu with something like liquid nitrogen then exclaiming "50 megahertz!" hahaha just like an old 60's motorcycle mag claiming " The 59' Sportster has more power than a man can use" hahaha....I love it all...and my Samsungs are acting up....

Comment

Hi, I'm not really up to the level of a lot of people on here...I'm just a lowly electrician who has tinkered at fixing laptops, TVs, and replacing PSUs of other requipment.

I work in the (drinking) water industry as a process engineer/maintenance electrician, and have very limited PLC programming knowledge. I came on here to find out about capacitor replacement in an LCD TV of mine, which refuses to switch on from standby mode. Seems like a melting pot of knowledge on here- I'll need a forum to understand this forum!

Comment

Hello!
                            My name is Marko Pranjić. I'm a computer science student at FERI, Maribor, Slovenia. I'm 22 years old and I kinda need help badly since I'm broke and my monitor is dead (more in my next post). Thank you for accepting me into your community. If there is any knowledge that I could share with you guys I would

Comment

Hi

just to say hello
                              off to have a read through many threads
                              I may be some time

Comment

Hi all, I've visited these forums many times over the years to troubleshoot problems with my home electronics. I'm not an electronics professional, but know my way around a soldering iron and installing/removing PCB components (a misspent youth modding PS2s). Lately it seems like I'm having to repair monitors with bad caps or blown fuses. Thanks for being such a valuable resource in helping keep electronics alive and out of the landfills.

Comment

My name is Mark Eichlin...
                                  I am an electronic security professional of over 30 years, HAM radio operator, inventor, and have a long relationship with electronics...
                                  Looking for information on an LCD TV that needs repair. so Here I Am!
                                  Looking forward to getting assistance from this site.
                                  Thanks!
                                  Mark

Comment

Jon here from IL. Lots of experience with PC's but not much with LCD TV's. Looking for assist from this large knowledge base!

Comment

Hey there I am from the east coast in Florida and am here to troubleshoot a couple monitors that I am having issues with. Thanks for being here to help.

Comment

hello,
                                        from the muddy Mississippi, enjoy taking things apart, looks like there is a ton of info to sift through, have a solarazation issue with a Samsung 40in, daughter bought it 4 years ago and its already crapped out, bought her a new one for xmas, but I cant seem to throw this one away lol, so im gonna try and fix it

Thanks

Comment

Hi, I'm new and am only posting this in order to get full access to the site.

Comment

Working...
                                          X