emachines e19t6w inverter powersupply help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: emachines e19t6w inverter powersupply help

If i was to replace the caps, which of them would or should I replace? I do notice on the larger of the purple ones
    the 470 25v one would be the most swollen top out of any of them though it is not very much. The caps hold charge
    to increase voltage to the transformers?? Ive seen some people but up the voltage from 470 25v to a 470 35v.
    I really know nothing about capacitors but I would think it would be certain ones rather than the others ones.
    There are 6 su'scon caps, 2 are on the power supply side and the other 4 are as follows; 470 25v,220 35v,47 25v,150 35v.

Comment

I have since replaced the 470uh 25v cap. with a 470uh 35v cap. and a 220uf 35v with another 220uf 35v one and have gotten some progress.
      Now the backlight stays on for about a minute or 2 and then goes off. I have been finding these capacitors Ive been replacing
      them without out of an old tv/vcr combo. They are only rated to 85* C not 105*c like the su'scon ones. Ive been looking to replace the
      rest of the caps but I cannot find them yet. My local radio shack doesnt carry them so im going through another tv and looking for them.
      Am I on the right track? Thinking that it stays on longer I feel I am maybe so let me know your input and thankyou for your help thus far.

Comment

Originally posted by bagginsbill
        If i was to replace the caps, which of them would or should I replace? I do notice on the larger of the purple ones
        the 470 25v one would be the most swollen top out of any of them though it is not very much. The caps hold charge
        to increase voltage to the transformers?? Ive seen some people but up the voltage from 470 25v to a 470 35v.
        I really know nothing about capacitors but I would think it would be certain ones rather than the others ones.
        There are 6 su'scon caps, 2 are on the power supply side and the other 4 are as follows; 470 25v,220 35v,47 25v,150 35v.
        $!@$#!!R!!!! Bulging caps!!!
        Replace all of the caps (except for the large (100uF, 450 volt one) with low ESR name brand caps. Look at the threads 'Which caps should I buy' and 'Where can I buy ....' in the FAQ.

PlainBill
        For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

It wasnt bulging alot persay but if any of them were this one was. Ive just replaced the 2 I cannot find anymore of the same caps so I gotta search other electronics I have or order some

Comment

It wasnt bulging alot persay but if any of them were this one was. Ive just replaced the 2 I cannot find anymore of the same caps so I gotta search other electronics I have or order some
            Unless the replacements are low ESR type, they will fail quickly.

My suggestion: Don't screw around trying to salvage old caps. Order new, low ESR caps (I prefer Panasonic FM or FC) from Digikey and specify First Class Mail shipping. The entire order should cost about $10.00.

PlainBill
            For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Ive replaced all the caps with recycled ones and It did get a little better but It could also be from turning down the brightness. I turned the brightness down to 0 then after an hour i turned it to 20 then to 30 and then to 40 after abuot 5 hours i shut it off. Today i tried the same thing and it shut off after about a half hour at 30 minutes. Is there anything wrong with radio shack caps? Id like to do this locally since I dont have a credit card or anything. Is there any other stores that carry capacitors? Could it be somthing besides the caps? I dont get how it would get better but not fix it completely is there such thing as half bad caps?

Comment

Ive replaced all the caps with recycled ones and It did get a little better but It could also be from turning down the brightness. I turned the brightness down to 0 then after an hour i turned it to 20 then to 30 and then to 40 after abuot 5 hours i shut it off. Today i tried the same thing and it shut off after about a half hour at 30 minutes. Is there anything wrong with radio shack caps? Id like to do this locally since I dont have a credit card or anything. Is there any other stores that carry capacitors? Could it be somthing besides the caps? I dont get how it would get better but not fix it completely is there such thing as half bad caps?
                From Digikey's web site:
                5. Payment. Digi-Key offers the following payment methods:

For United States customers: We offer check, money order, MasterCard, VISA, American Express, Discover, C.O.D. and prepaid by wire transfer as well as open account credit to qualified institutions and businesses. Payment must be made in the currency in which the order was placed.
                Radio Shack sells a few good products. Darn few, and their capacitors aren't one of them.

PlainBill

Comment

I havent got new caps yet just been babying this monitor til i go this weekend to a store that carrys them. I have a new symptom on the screen where everything was right colors now the blacks are a brownish? not sure what this is but i think it has to do with backlight

Comment

Also the LCD is now fuzzy I would say videos are fuzzy and the background is fuzzy not sure how to explain but It wasn't like this before

Comment

Also the LCD is now fuzzy I would say videos are fuzzy and the background is fuzzy not sure how to explain but It wasn't like this before
                      Perhaps bad caps on the logic board?

You do understand that eMachines has earned a reputation for quality just like Gateway and Packard Bell? A high price does not assure quality, but cheap components and a shoddy design does assure a bad product.

PlainBill

Comment

I know its shit. I didnt buy it new. It was given to me. They are also not high price

Comment

OK im farly good with repairing all sorts of monitors, but can any of you tell me how to get to the power board on this one. I dont want to damage the the outer case. This one seems to be more difficukt to take apart than most. Thank you

Comment

yea it was a PITA. you need to take all the screws out the back but to get the front off the black trim comes off just clips so pry it out sounds like snapping but it isnt. then you can take out the lcd and behind the lcd is all the stuff

Comment

I am having the exact same problem with the same board. The resistance i get from

A to B is .60
                              C to D is .60

I get no readings from A B C or D to any of the pins circled in blue.

Originally posted by PlainBill
                              My wife teaches 'Language Arts' in Middle School. I complained about the difficulty of reading your posts. She looked at one and was not sympathetic. "Looks like it was written by an Eighth Grader" was her comment.

An inverters protection circuits usually monitor the output voltage and current through the CCFLs. If a transformer has shorted turns in the secondary this reduces the output voltage, but the CCFL may still light, just not as bright.

I've marked up the picture again.

What is the resistance from A to B?

What is the resistance from C to D?

What is the resistance from A to 1; from A to 2; from A to 3; from A to 4; from A to 5; from A to 6?

PlainBill

Comment

Hi all!

I want to ask if someone knows were I can buy this emachines e19t6w inverter powersupply.

I already took a look on ebay and I could not find anything.

Mine has a problem and I cannot fix it, so if somebody knows, will be very helpful.

Many thanks!

Juliano

Comment

Originally posted by jselvatici View Post
                                  Mine has a problem and I cannot fix it, so if somebody knows, will be very helpful.
                                  What is wrong with your monitor? Please describe in as much detail as possible.
                                  --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
                                    What is wrong with your monitor? Please describe in as much detail as possible.
                                    Thank you for your prompt reply!
                                    Well after a rain and storm day, the LCD monitor became inop.
                                    No lights, nothing.
                                    I checked the fuse and it was okay.
                                    In the city that I live, there's no technical support in this type of monitor, they say that "no brand" monitor is too hard to find out parts.

I attached some pictures of it, so we can try something.

Tks all!

Juliano

Comment

Well after a rain and storm day, the LCD monitor became inop.
                                      No lights, nothing.
                                      Your pics are way too small to be useful. In addition, post your pics after reading this. We need clear focused pictures (top down view - both sides).

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1868

If you get no power led on (no green light), check the bridge rectifier for shorts. Measure ohms with power off and lcd unplugged between pin 1-2, 1-3, 1-4, 2-3, 2-4, and 3-4.

Depending on your level of electronics knowledge and your multimeter expertise, you can try measuring the DC voltage across the main filter capacitor. It should be 1.4 times your mains.

edit: By the way, there are 2 fuses on this board that I can see from the other pictures. One is by the AC plug. The other is a picofuse that is yellow and it looks like it says 4A. Check the picofuse. It should read 0.3 ohms for a good fuse.

edit2: Does the main fuse by the AC plug also read 0.3 ohms?
                                      Last edited by retiredcaps; 08-24-2010, 11:11 PM.
                                      --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
                                        Your pics are way too small to be useful. In addition, post your pics after reading this. We need clear focused pictures (top down view - both sides).

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1868

If you get no power led on (no green light), check the bridge rectifier for shorts. Measure ohms with power off and lcd unplugged between pin 1-2, 1-3, 1-4, 2-3, 2-4, and 3-4.

Depending on your level of electronics knowledge and your multimeter expertise, you can try measuring the voltage across the main filter capacitor. It should be 1.4 times your mains.
                                        Ok, I will do the measurements. I have a multimeter... I can tell you that I have a pretty good electronic level But without the diagram is kind hard.

let's work together to try fix this!

I uploaded the pictures again using the Forum's host.

Tks!
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Ok, I will do the measurements. I have a multimeter... I can tell you that I have a pretty good electronic level But without the diagram is kind hard.

let's work together to try fix this!

I uploaded the pictures again using the Forum's host.

Tks!
                                          Okay, I did the measurements and the rectifier is good, and the voltage is like you said, 1.4 from the input.

Also, I checked the voltage VCC5V / VCC5V / GND / GND and there's no voltage there. (on the cable that connects to the video board)

Tks in advanced.

Juliano

Comment

Working...
                                          X