• Show
Clear All

Re: Flickering Samsung SyncMaster 2232BW

Here are the other pics
    Attached Files

Comment

Just a first quick question:
      Are you aware that capacitors have a polarity and you have to have them the right way round?
      I ask as in your picture the three green ones do not appear to be correct.
      Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Originally posted by selldoor View Post
        Just a first quick question:
        Are you aware that capacitors have a polarity and you have to have them the right way round?
        I ask as in your picture the three green ones do not appear to be correct.
        I was totally unaware of this fact lol, i get new caps tommorow and install them the right way then see what happens, tnx for helping.

Comment

Ok - They have a positive and negative side - the side with the stripe is negative and
          on a new capacitor is the shorter leg. The stripe is lined up with black side of the circle on the board ( Mostly but not always) Luckily I think you have pictures before you removed the caps so you replace the new ones the same way round as the old ones.
          If you have any your not sure about ask again.

The C113 in the corner also seems to be wrong?
          Last edited by selldoor; 12-29-2013, 03:54 AM.
          Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

well, this noob did it!, i bought two new caps today and this time i put them all the right way in and...no more flickering! im very happy that i tried it and by doing so saved my money buying a new monitor.

Comment

So grateful for this thread, you have saved me a truck load of money. I have two of these monitors, and I have been happy with them up until the flickering, it was looking like I needed to spend £250 for a couple of monitors, but just over £5 delivered I got 15 caps from RS components in the UK, delivered free next day.

I got enough for both monitors and will await the second monitor flickering before attacking it as I do like the adage, 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'.

We replaced all five 820's and the 330µf.

Thanks again.

Ian

Comment

Google brought me here.

Just today I have bought this monitor very cheap in 2nd shop, and when I brought it home, I found out that it doesn't work.
                No back-light, no image, just PWR LED gradually get off and then with flickering turns back on, repeat. High frequency noise coming from back. Must be caps, I thought so I took it apart.

Immediately checked power board, and confirmed: Every single capacitor is bulged, except big filter capacitor.

All 820uF 25V, and I only had 820uF 6.3V ones - on the power section, they're 3 connected in parallel making combined 2460uF.
                I removed all 3 of them and put just one 4700uF 25V capacitor.

Since my capacitors collection is gone recently, I had just some leftovers so I had to improvise.

In inverter section, again, two (in parallel) 820uF 25V (1640uF total) are gone bad. Still, I had no adequate replacement so I put what I had: Just one 2200uF 50V (close enough!).

On 13.6V output, 330uf 25V required replacement, but since I had no adequate replacement (only 330uF 6.3V) I had to improvise again:
                2x 100uF 25V in parallel
                +
                2x 47uF 25V in parallel

Less than original, I know, but I tried.

---------------------------------------------------------------
                Before I tested, I got prepared for possible failure and apocalypse, but surprisingly monitor TURNED ON just FINE!!!

Right now using it and it works perfectly!

So, it seems it's safe to put much higher capacitance resistors in this monitor.

Comment

Working...
                X