SuperMicro 370DLI bad caps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SuperMicro 370DLI bad caps?

I have an SM 370DLI board I got off eBay which has been unstable since I bought it. The board was manufactured in week 1 2001... and didn't look used when I received it.

I improved stability greatly by replacing the caps around the DIMM slots with decent low ESR caps even though the caps I replaced had no bulges etc. The unit is now stable in the short term (POSTs/boots), but is still unstable on extended running and particularly with disk activity.

All of the caps were Sanyo's, which folks generally regard as excellent, so it surprised me when I got more stability when I replaced the caps around the DIMM slots.

Just wondering if it's worth replacing more caps? Would you start at the VRM or the remainder of the board? Anyone seen a problem like this with all Sanyo caps, no bulging/wear and yet bad??

Thanks in advance,
    Paul

Re: SuperMicro 370DLI bad caps?

Probably would not hurt, even though they are a good brand, nothing lasts forever...

MD
    Ya'll think us folk from the country's real funny-like, dontcha?

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of BADCAPS.NET or any of their affiliates.

Comment

Working...
    X