Wurth capacitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wurth capacitors

I noticed that these have become available pretty much from everywhere.
    Anyone here bought some? Any experiences? I wonder if they are rebadged?
    They seem a little cheaper than Japanese caps. They have some Low ESR series as well as polymers too.
    http://katalog.we-online.de/en/pbs#p.../Kondensatoren

http://katalog.we-online.de/en/pbs#p..._Kondensatoren

http://katalog.we-online.de/en/pbs#p..._Kondensatoren
    Last edited by Jooo; 05-11-2015, 02:41 PM.

Re: Wurth capacitors

Yes, I came across them on Farnell, while trying to find something in stock for a British forum member:

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=44347#14

Definitely re-branded. Probably a Taiwanese or Chinese brand. Wouldn't use their electrolytics.
    "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

Their specifications look pretty good. I have used a few on some vintage amplifiers, and they seem to sound pretty good. No failures so far.

Comment

i used them in an old amp and are fine

Comment

hm, maybe you can get those things from your local metal worker or so...
          Maybe I go to one and ask if they can get me a couple Wet Lytics...

Comment

Wurth trying to bust into the capacitor business, they have great pricing and the film caps are good.
            Wurth electrolytics are made in china and seem like a cheap build (low hrs lifetime) despite the cute red packaging. I don't bother using them.

Comment

i thought they were German

Comment

Würth is a German brand, that does not mean that they manufacture their own capacitors...
                "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Originally posted by Per Hansson View Post
                  Würth is a German brand, that does not mean that they manufacture their own capacitors...
                  A bit over 10 years ago Evox-Rifa explored selling some Chinese-made electrolytic caps, and gave my then-current employer a bunch of samples for us to test. IIRC, the box smelled like rotting fish before I even opened it, and when I did, ! There performance under torture smelled almost as bad, . Re-badging happens.
                  PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
                  To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

Würth caps I have purchased from Digikey are country of origin: china.
                    WIMA film caps that I've purchased are made in Germany.

Phoenix Contact and Weidmuller moved most manufacturing from Germany to china. Price didn't change, quality dropped a bit and I guess they reap profits.
                    UCC and Nichicon, usually parts are made in Japan, sometimes china though.

Comment

Working...
                    X