Lg 50pq3000 bootom half good image top bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lg 50pq3000 bootom half good image top bad

Ok, so somehow ive done this to my tv. It did have a different fault that was the control board. I replaced it it came on fine once. I turned it off then before rebuildi g i decided to resolder all the mosfets on the 2 sus boards. After putting it back together the screen looked like this.

I checked what soldering i had done and could not see any problems. The voltages are all still reading fine. Can anybody give me any pointers to what i may bave done wrong or what i have damaged?

I want to learn from my mistake and hopefully try to fix it if it is fixable. Cheers.
    Attached Files

Re: Lg 50pq3000 bootom half good image top bad

Are all cables in place properly ?
    Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Yes everything looks good

Comment

Ok and thats definitely the correct Tcon for it ?
        Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

Comment

Exactly the same numbers yes. It came on fine at first till i meddled with it. After the fault happened i took the tcon of and i noticed a fault with it. A surface mount component on the back c295 was loose and touching c293 next to it.

Could that have cause this fault? I have since reflowed the original tcon after someone suggested on the last thread the his tcon had stopped working due to cracked solder. That tcon now works again aswell but the same fault is present with the screen

Comment

Is it possible i damaged the tcon ribbon cable that goes to the y drive? Is the cable reversible? They are quite firm to push in maybe i broke some connections?

Comment

Are you opening the plug catch before removing/inserting the ribbons??!!

NO pressure is ever needed with 'em!!
              TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
              http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
              PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

There does not seem to be a catch on the ribbon from the tcon to the ysus. All the others have catchs

Comment

There should be.

Comment

Ok some more images of the screen this time with auto gen jumper in and x sus disconnected. Top half of the screen totally blank. Does this suggest a faulty top buffer or a power issue? Does anyone have any ideas of what else i can check? Thanks.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ReeceyBurger123 View Post
                      There should be.
                      This is the connector for the y sus ribbon.

The bottom ribbons have catchs
                      Attached Files

Comment

According to the service manual half picture is either caused by x. Sus board or faulty panel so maybe i should check that?

Comment

Working...
                        X