X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung DTB-H260F HDTV Tuner

KA1M0565RTU might be compatible

http://parts.arrow.com/item/detail/f...1m0565rtu#M2gy

On the page above it is available individually. Down lower it mentions that it crosses to your part number.

N.B. I have never purchased from that site before.

Comment

Originally posted by bluto View Post
      KA1M0565RTU might be compatible

http://parts.arrow.com/item/detail/f...1m0565rtu#M2gy

On the page above it is available individually. Down lower it mentions that it crosses to your part number.

N.B. I have never purchased from that site before.
      Looks like I have one of the arrow places near me, I will try calling them tomorrow and see what they have and what they can get.

Thanks.

Comment

Well its alive once more, for anyone searching my problem was not the capacitors it was one of the IC's. If your samsung flashes the power led and you can hear a faint tick tick tick, then its probably the same issue.

There is an avsforum thread that discusses these issues, marked on the board as 801.

I double checked my caps to make sure I had them the correct way and plug it in and it came right on.

Thanks.

Comment

Glad to hear you fixed your t151. Did the above part that I linked to work?

Comment

I had the same problem with my H260F, but I couldn't see any bulged caps. I went ahead and replaced them all hoping that would solve the problem. Now it acts a bit different. Before replacement, the LED would come on for ~1 sec. Now it stays on for 15 seconds or so, and then goes out. I checked the voltages on the power supply and they seem to be OK, but the 14V line starts to fluctuate just before the LED goes out.

I also discovered that if I press the 'SW1' switch on the other circuit board (the green one) while the power is on, it will stay on - but only if I press the switch every few seconds.

Any idea what I should look at next?

Lowell

Comment

You should post some pictures of both the power supply and the main board. Someone here may be able to spot something.

Comment

Thanks, Bluto. Here are some pictures. The 'SW1' switch I mentioned is about 2/3 from the bottom at the right in the second photo.
                Attached Files

Comment

I looked over your pictures but couldn't see anything amiss. Do you get any flash of video over the output (especially the component out)? If you have component input on your TV, try connecting that and see if the menu or anything pops up on the screen while the light is on. Make sure the DTV out select switch is set to "Y,Pb,Pr" - not HDMI. If you do get something, this would indicate that the CPU is running and you still have a power supply problem.

*note if you don't have a TV with component input, try the following connection instead: Plug a yellow composite cable from your TV's composite input into the green aka 'Y' component video connection on the DTB-H260F. Also set the resolution select switch to 480i. This will show the component output in black & white on the TV. The explanation for this is that this box cannot show the menus over its composite or s-video outputs. This method is a 'hack' around that so to speak.

I wish I could help you troubleshoot this more, but my DTB is in storage right now.

Comment

No luck with the component video or the "hack" composite input. There's no indication of any output to the TV. I also tried just the yellow video composite output (both of them) to the TV composite input and there's nothing there, either.

Comment

Anyone else have any ideas? We haven't lost one of these yet!

Comment

Are there any other tests I can do to find out if something's wrong?

Lowell

Comment

This forum saved my DTB-H260F from death! Thanks!
                          Here were the various problems I had previously seen with that HD Tuner
                          1. After some time of working, sometimes the output (all outputs) would go black/silent.
                          2. After powering up, sometimes all video outputs would stay black, and audio would remain silent.
                          3. Sometimes it would shut off right after power on, or it would automatically cycle on/off repeatable.
                          4. Sometimes the remote could no longer turn the unit on/off
                          After it would fail, "sometimes" I could get it to work again if I repeatable tried combinations of the following; powered it off/on, unplugged/plugged the AC power, disconnected/reconnected my antenna, or messed with the rear switches. I never found a reliable procedure. But after a few weeks, eventually, it failed entirely, and no amount of trial and error could get it to produce any a/v output.
                          My first attempt at fixing it simply involved opening the case, and re-seating the connectors, and checking for fried capacitors, etc. I didn't notice any obvious problems.
                          After finding this forum, I did as many of you have. I replaced 7 of the 8 electrolytic capacitors. The only one I skipped was the giant 82UF 450V filter cap, since it looked OK, and others didn't report many problems with it, and it was more expensive than all the other caps combined. The caps I did replaced only cost $2.16 total (not including tax/shipping) from DigiKey (I selected the cheapest ones, in quantities of 1 or 2). The cheapest shipping only took 4 days. It was about 1 hour of work (I'm not fast at this).
                          I know the two smallest of those 7 caps were OK, according to my multi-meter. But I have no way of accurately checking the other 5. None have any major shorts. But in any case, replacing those caps fixed the broken HD tuner!! Thanks again everyone, for your fine advice!

Comment

Thanks to this thread and Bluto's detailed list of Digikey P/Ns, I am back watching TV.

Over the years, my tuner had occasionally locked up, but a 30 second unplugging had always reset it.
                            Monday night, the tuner played the channel it had last played on Sunday. Changing the channel worked, but no audio. After unplugging it for 30 seconds, I could not get the blue LED to come on.
                            Opening the box showed no obviously bulging caps, except maybe the 450 V one, but only very slightly. But this time, when I plugged it back in, the blue LED came on, but dimly. I checked the DC voltages, but all were OK. Still no signal coming out.

We struggled through Monday night with DVDs, but obviously this could not continue. I read this thread. Tuesday I decided just to order all the caps and plug them in. To my shock I could not find any place where I live that had the sacred trinity of cap brands. So I had to go to Thief River Falls.
                            With shipping by First Class Mail, the caps cost me $10 and change. But instead of having to wait till Saturday morning, the order I placed Tuesday got here today, Thursday. With the help of my solder sucker and Bluto's heads up about the 1uF's lack of polarity marking on the board, I was good to go in no time.

A question and a report:
                            Fry's Electronics has NTE capacitors. Does this correlate to a known good brand, or could these come from any random vendor?

Digi-Key was out of stock on one Panasonic capacitor. I ordered a United Chemicon as a replacement. They had received their Panasonics in 2011. The United Chemicon came in 2013. So, possibly they will let their Panasonic stock deplete, if they have not had to reorder in over three years. I believe United Chemicons are good, right?
                            Last edited by Skiver; 05-21-2015, 03:48 PM. Reason: The total order cost me $10, not just the shipping.

Comment

I am going to take a SWAG at Lowell's problem, and guess that he has a cold solder joint on one of his replacement caps.

Comment

Just wanted to add another success story to this thread.
                                Replaced the 2 green caps and it lives again!
                                Thanks to all that contributed to this!

Comment

Well here you go, a chance to own a a piece of badcaps history. I am selling my Samsung DTB-H260F. Yes the very unit that started this thread can now be yours!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-DTB...g/163178958632

Comment

Working...
                                  X