Philips 49PUS6401 yellow smudges after lens repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Philips 49PUS6401 yellow smudges after lens repair

This tv has a TPT490U2 panel which I guess is probably also in a few other Vestel things.

I had the LG type problem of a couple of bright spots so disassembled the panel and found several detached lenses, as expected. All the LEDs were fine though.

Now having reassembled the panel, the bright white spots have gone, but there are sort of diffuse yellowish "smudges" on the display. These correspond to the led locations and range from not really visible on a dark background, to fairly noticeable on a plain white background.

Is this likely the be the type of glue I used for the lenses? Or did I reassemble the panel incorrectly?
    The glue I used was a generic acrylic glue that claimed to be transparent.

Just considering whether to try again with the correct glue or just live with it.

Re: Philips 49PUS6401 yellow smudges after lens repair

i have seen this issue reported when people have used super glue, i use 5 second uv glue fix pen seems too work fine on led repairs
    Last edited by vinceroger69; 01-18-2019, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Re: Philips 49PUS6401 yellow smudges after lens repair

Ok, I did have suspicions it was the glue so thanks for confirming that.

I have some of the correct glue on the way, but I guess it depends how successfully I can remove the glue I have already used.

My fault for being in a rush and just using what I had to hand. At least it was educational.

Comment

Working...
      X