Bfg Bfgrnf4u

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bfg Bfgrnf4u

Well BFG has entered the fray of branding their own motherboard...

but the road to hell is paved with good intentions, I'll share an email with you..

They reviewed this board at [H]ardOCP...It's actually a Chaintech board thats been re badged and spruced up...(Chaintech VNF4 Ultra ZENITH VE)

Me
    Subject: BFG BFGRNF4U
    Hey there, enjoyed the article. Was wondering if you could tell me what brand the capacitors were on that mainboard around the cpu area, the purplish blue ones and the green ones...

[H] Staff member
    The capacitors on the BFG board were manufactured by either Sanyo or G-Luxon Corporation…

Further discussion here:

http://forums.amd.com/index.php?showtopic=47631

This one got locked down at [H]OCP
    http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=906881

MD
    Ya'll think us folk from the country's real funny-like, dontcha?

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of BADCAPS.NET or any of their affiliates.

lol....i was also reading that on hardocp last night. bfg made a big mistake not specifying a cap upgrade. personally for me that would make the rebranding and higher cost ok. many companies rebadge products. but for $40 more they could have easily got some good caps. they are gonna be quite sorry in the end cos those caps are not gonna last the 3 year guarantee on all boards. i think that chipset is prolly pulling a lot of voltage.

i hear only good things about bfg support and that is something which i would pay more money for and with those caps you gonna need it......

hardocp were kinda shitty about the whole criticism thing.
    capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

I know that is nuts about BFG, they do give good support, but like you said, the "Mean Greenies" will not last 3 years, this one may bite them in the backside...just like Soltek, they'll be shipping out capacitor kits...

Kyle got all prissy like the stereotypical chided, freckled fat girl in high school that asked the Senior Quarterback to the prom...and was DENIED

In his defense though, the N tune captures did show Chaintech...but who cares, my PCChips board shows ECS, as do many other PCChips boards...

LOL

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of BADCAPS.NET or any of their affiliates.

Comment

the "Mean Greenies" will not last 3 years
        the green ones are the sanyos. those ugly ass big purple ones are the g-luxon

http://www.legionhardware.com/html/doc.php?id=419

and the pic........3300uf 6.3v g-luxon.......3300 is just EVIL.....
        http://www.legionhardware.com/pic.ph...E/Image_06.jpg

bet sanyo is pissed at them using the same color as the os-cons

Comment

I see I was under the impression the green ones were luxon...

Comment

http://www.bfggaming.com/modules.php...iewtopic&t=706

Comment

well the thread a bfggaming was locked
              i did not intend to jack it or anything

just with evga releasing their 754 board with all polymers i was hoping BFG would one up them and could not believe the G-Luxons

Comment

considering the activity on other forums, the chaintech board is selling really well. dissapointing overclocks noted also...i wonder why....they are trying to fix with a bios update

i did not intend to jack it or anything
                capacitor terrorist....
                Last edited by willawake; 05-27-2005, 04:08 AM.

Comment

I followed the link over here from BFG.... Are the G-Luxon still crappy or have the newer ones become better quality?

Comment

Always have been, probably always will be...

Comment

http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=390725

Everyboard that I have had with (G)Luxons, has failed from capacitor failure...I agree with the use of polymer caps, you want to make a "Mercedes" product, don't use "Yugo" caps...

I also PM's the rep in that forum..

MD

Comment

MD : can you ask if someone can read the series of the G-Luxon off their board. I cannot find pics of the purple caps on their site.

my personal opinion is that low quality caps result from cost cutting in order to produce a product which competes well in a market that is demanding low cost caps. In order for companies like G-Luxon to improve their products there has to be an increase in price resulting from better manufacture, more expensive raw materials and increased research and development costs. There is a reason why the premium manufacturers charge so much for their products. There is downward pressure on product pricing in the market where G-Luxon was competing, above that there is the market which is driven by track record and of course higher prices. is there a middle ground?

anyway we will see how many of the users come to us in 2006. it will be interesting to see how things pan out.

Comment

Re: Bfg Bfgrnf4u

Yeah the poop hit the turbine with this one...sorry to everyone involved..

MD

Comment

i think we should recap and state what we know

- a series of G-Luxon capacitors which was previously unknown to us has been identified. the case color is purple, with X type vents, the actual series unknown.

- this series has been seen in 3300uf value on the Chaintech VNF4 Ultra ZENITH VE and the same board rebranded as the BFG BFGRNF4U

- we do not have actual evidence of the average expected life for these purple G-Luxon capacitors.

- we have significant first hand experience from users of this forum that have seen G-Luxon capacitors to fail unacceptably early.

- it is unknown whether G-Luxon have changed their practices and are now manufacturing good quality capacitors.

- only time will tell whether this new series is good or not.

Comment

Hello,
                              I have this motherboard, which has been working fine since 2006. Recently the system froze up. The hardrive light remained solid and the computer would not restart, respond to any input device, or shutdown normally. While searching the net to find a replacement board I happened upon this site and this forum. I checked out the board to see if caps might be the problem as the board would no longer POST, and they did have the bulging described here in these forums. I sent the board to the gentleman that runs this site and he recapped my board. He did a fantastic job; it looks like first class workmanship. I did read on his site that he is in the middle of moving to a new shop and is most likely too busy to respond to emails so I thought I might ask this question here.

My problem is that after I reassembled the system it displays the same symptoms. When turning on the system I get no POST type beeps that I normally get. I have removed all components and tried to see if I can get any type of beep out of the board, but no response. At the moment all I have hooked up are the two power supply connectors and the switch connect to the case, so I can turn it on. No video card, no memory, no hard drive. The heatsink fan comes on; the chipset fan comes on, but no beeps. Is my cpu possibly dead? Or could I suppose the board to be gone? Is there any other avenue I could try?

Thank you for your time.

Comment

i am sure tc tested your board before shipping it back.
                                i would look closely at your power supply.
                                did you send the cpu and ram with the board?
                                if so it got tested too and narrows it down to something in the system.power supply is at the top of the list of suspects.
                                i do this same board service and see this often.
                                post pics of the psu.

Comment

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

I assumed that everything tested out fine or I would have received an email concerning problems but did not. As I said, he did a great job. The cpu and ram were sent with the board as per TC request.

I would have never thought it to be the power supply as the fans power up. The unit is an Antec SP-500 which I purchased at the same time as the other components for the system, which would be around 2006.

Thank you for your help.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Antec PSUs are known for Fuhjjyu crapcaps. (most of them anyways..)

just searched this forum for "SP-500".. a few threads come up.. all PSUs had bad Fuhjjyu caps..

so.. it's likely that the PSU is causing the trouble. Try a different PSU..

you could confirm the fuhjjyu problem by opening up the PSU and looking at the caps.. (warranty has expired anyways..)
                                    Last edited by Scenic; 06-03-2009, 10:24 PM.

Comment

After a few moments of thought I realize you probably meant you wanted a pic of the inside of the psu. I do see one slight bulge on a cap. I tried to get the best shot of it I could.
                                      Attached Files

Comment

pull all those wires out of the way and take more pics.
                                        esp the left edge a few inches back with the secondary side facing you.
                                        these were full of fuhkyyu caps and the +5 stby caps often died first.
                                        i think we found the problem!

Comment

Working...
                                        X