LG 42LE59000 no picture or sound turns on ok

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 42LE59000 no picture or sound turns on ok

Hi there I had a look for any other posts relating to this and couldn't find any so I thought I'd start one. I'm having an issue with the above LG it will turn on ok and do its fancy light show across the bezel but I get nothing on the screen, I can see its responding to the signals from the remote as the power light flashes, I get the same plus an audible when the buttons are pressed on the set. I've had a look at the boards visualy and all apear ok (I've added some pic's) has anybody got any experience with this isssue/set? Thanks in advance bad cappers :-)00

It's an 42LE5900 not 9000 sorry.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 24mech; 02-18-2016, 03:13 PM. Reason: incorrect info, corrected

Re: LG 42LE59000 no picture or sound turns on ok

That looks just like mine which I had just tinkered with.
    Dont wanna say 'fixed' but nicholas1110 said his problem was the main bga processor and mmartell suggested to heat it up, which I did and it worked.
    Just used a regular hair blow dryer.
    Using it as a monitor to type this right now.

Comment

So are we saying a reflow will (possably) fix this and if so does anybody know the temps I should be looking for? do you reflow all boards at the same temp? I would have though you would as solder is solder isn't it?

Comment

Don't reflow anything.

Firstly are the backlights on?

Comment

nothing is coming on that I can see, I've read on another post that you can force it on for diag but I haven't done this (not sure how to) as I don't want to full kill it.

Comment

Can you remove the wire thats labelled B-dim or P-dim something like that from the harness.

Just remove that one wire.

Comment

BTW don't just tug the wire out. It needs to be pressed in then in will just slide out.

Comment

i no its 3 year lol but did this get fixed i got same problem .

Comment

Working...
                X