Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need Help!! LG Plasma TV Wont Turn On!! Model 50PA5500

Hi Again Tom
    Capacitor received was from Digikeys - you are right I typed in the wrong number
    Should have read:
    399-5925-ND

Comment

Did you get the right part? Is your tv working now?

Comment

i bought the right capacitor and installed it but my tv still didnt work. any suggestions?

Comment

My LG same model is doing the same thing. I bought the same cap and installed it. It didn't work. Anyone have any ideas to try next? Some kind of meaningful troubleshooting?

Comment

One more thing. This happened 5 months after i purchased it. It was under warranty and covered the repair. Here i am again 1 year later, same issue.

Comment

Thanks for the information in this thread! Replaced the C802 capacitor on my LG 50PA4500 that would immediately shut down after powering it on and it works again!

Comment

I have a 60PA5500 and I am having some issues as well.

When I first plug it in, it makes a click noise (not sure if this is normal or not).

Then when I try to turn it on, it clicks once like it's turning on, then it immediately clicks off.

Interestingly enough, if I leave it unplugged for a few minutes or an hour, it'll start working again perfectly. I can turn it on and off as much as I want and use it all day. It'll click when I turn it on and when I turn it off.

But when I shut it off for the night and come back in the morning, it goes back to clicking off as soon as I turn it on.

This sounds like a bad capacitor to me but upon visual inspection of the power board and all other boards, all the electrolytic and film capacitors look fine to me.

Could this be a bad Y-SUS or Z-SUS or mainboard instead?

Or could it be the C802 capacitor that a lot of people with the 50PA5500 have had success with replacing? The power board between the the 60PA5500 and 55PA5500 are a little different but the 60PA5500 does have a C802 near the top in a similar location.

If it does sound like the capacitor, how do I know which one to order? It might be different than the 50PA5500 one.

Any input here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

Start your own thread yompi.
                  Completely different internals to the 50" model.

Comment

Sorry I'm new here. I kind of realized I should start another so I did last night.

Comment

Replacing the capacitor at 802 with the one provided on the digikey link fixed my 50PA5500. Many thanks to everyone involved in finding the solution. The old capacitor looked perfect and was black. The new one from digikey was slightly smaller and blue.
                      MyLG was a little over 4 years old.
                      Thanks!!!

Comment

Is there any way to determine if C802 is bad? Does it puff out like a normal cylinder shaped cap? My 50PA5500 is exhibiting similar issues that others have described in this thread, try to turn on, clicks, turns off. No picture/sound, just red power light turns off and then turns back on after the click when trying to power up the set.

Just wondering if there is any other way to test the TV out, or should I just order a new C802 capacitor?

Comment

Test the capacitance with your meter.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamie View Post
                            Test the capacitance with your meter.
                            Is there a thread somewhere that describes how to do that? I have a decent multimeter, but I don't know the proper procedure on how to test capacitance.

Comment

What meter do you have?

Does your meter have a symbol like 13 on this attached picture?
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X