Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Element ELSW3917BF

Hi,

I need help with this element tv. It has a flashing red light. I'm not getting any readings for the mainboard. I don't see a power supply board on the tv so I'm guessing it's apart of the mainboard. I have replaced the mainboard & it didn't fix the issue. Any suggestions?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by GAStuntman; 02-01-2019, 07:48 PM.

Re: Element ELSW3917BF

What DC voltage do you have between the two legs of the large CapXon capacitor.
    Is there a hole in the component the red arrow points to?
    Attached Files
    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Yes there is a hole but I’m not getting any voltage from the component

Comment

Can you provide a closer photo of that component. Are you saying there is no dc voltage between the two legs of the large capacitor?

Comment

That’s correct. When I test the component I get 0. The weird thing is I’m not getting voltage from that component on either board the new one or the replacement board. Looks like I’m having the same issue with both boards.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by GAStuntman; 02-03-2019, 08:26 AM.

Comment

I get 3.6 voltage on the component circled in red but no voltage on the one circled in yellow.
            Attached Files

Comment

So there's no DC voltage between the two legs of the large CapXon capacitor but you can measure 3.6V DC on one of the components on the circuit board. There are 3 pins to that component. Can you measure what is on each and what is the part number written on it.

Do you have any other voltages which may be written on the circuit board eg 12V

Edit
              Read through this thread which uses the same circuit board.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...ight=st6308%2A
              Last edited by dick_barton; 02-03-2019, 01:06 PM.

Comment

The capXon has 172 v and no burn holes in the component. Each leg on the component is showing mv on the outside legs & 0 voltages on the inside leg. I’m getting voltage on the hot side but it’s fluctuating from 10 volts to 12 volts back to 10 and so forth. It’s cycling power
                Last edited by GAStuntman; 02-03-2019, 01:47 PM.

Comment

I think the board I received was a bad board. The replacement board is doing the same thing as the original bad board. Now, I’m wondering if I can use both boards to make one good board or should I just order another board.

Comment

Working...
                  X