Panasonic TC-P65GT50 - Panel or Board Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic TC-P65GT50 - Panel or Board Issue

Hello! My Panasonic plasma recently developed a problem where the far right portion of the screen has developed a black bar with just a few red and blue pixels. It's hard to see in the attached picture because I don't have any sources connected - but the far right side of the screen is black - from the group of red pixels to the right edge.

I took the back off to take a look at and clean the connections. Everything seems secure but I cleaned and reseated anyway. Without the ribbon cable plugged in that section of the screen shows a white / static bar that moves with the default screensaver.

My question is, would replacing the corresponding C board possibly correct this issue? Or is it the panel itself?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by pxg013; 02-03-2019, 09:43 AM.

Re: Panasonic TC-P65GT50 - Panel or Board Issue

It is very likely the cof ic is defective, and that is part of the panel. sometimes if you look at the ic through a magnifier you can see that it is burnt.

Comment

Re: Panasonic TC-P65GT50 - Panel or Board Issue

Thanks for the quick reply. I went ahead and bought a new C1 board off of eBay because they're cheap. I guess I'll try it out when it arrives - but are you thinking based on what you saw in my photos that it probably is the panel itself? In other words, unrepairable?

Comment

Working...
      X