TVs, TVs, TVs, a Tsunami of TVs inc this Bauhn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TVs, TVs, TVs, a Tsunami of TVs inc this Bauhn

Each year in my area the local authority has a collection of household junk. Last year I scored 20 TVs but this year they are not taking e-waste but no matter people are putting them out on the verge. I'm getting tough now have driven past, yes past, at least 12 sets including 3 plasmas within 30feet of each other. Yes I now have WILLPOWER, WILLpower, willpower, wilpwr, wi... Oh well I did pick up 4 including this Bauhn 58" 4k UHD which when turned on and connected to DVD went perfectly until it warmed up properly then lost picture - sound and backlights still OK. So it will be off with back, cleanup, voltage checks, then heat gun if looks like it needs it. This makes number on hand now 26 with 4 to sell, 4 awaiting parts, and 2 still to pickup from donors. Why do we get ourselves into these situations ? Mad as hatters. Will report on the Bauhn progress in due course.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by maxvalutech; 05-04-2018, 01:11 AM.

Re: TVs, TVs, TVs, a Tsunami of TVs inc this Bauhn

Wow, I would have a ball driving around all day collecting free tellies,and whatever else!
    Bet you could earn a good living out of that,with no need to go out to work!
    Pity it's not the same here in the UK...

Comment

Yes its a scavengers paradise really. Now to the Bauhn ATVS58-1115 which I cleaned then with back off found tcon had plastic covering adhered back and front so took front piece off tearing it in a few places (so it can stay off now) and then removed tcon for a look over and clean etc. Reinstalled but no picture this time. Took one feed off and white half screen then same on other side. The gamma points are 1 - 8 going down and 9 - 16 going right to left. These are the voltages from 1 to 16......
      15.67 13.79 13.01 0.02 11.17 10.76 9.46 9.10 7.57 7.25 5.92 5.38 0.02 3.55 2.66 0.55 and that's not good. Took a few other voltages VDDA L&R both 17.58 VCU.CF 6.55 VCL -7.9 VGH 0.0 Have had a quick look on net for another tcon without result and the number on board (not sticker) gives no results so searched by using Bauhn name. I know the tcon should be fixable with a new chip if that's all that's wrong. Normally tcons I just replace as they are usually cost effective. Please contribute your knowledge as mine is limited here.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by maxvalutech; 05-04-2018, 06:29 PM.

Comment

After a few attempts to get a tcon from China outlets (all no good) I found one by same maker which came out of a Toshiba set and on eBay from US seller. This board had different numbers but close exam of pic to the one I had showed them to be exactly the same in components so I took the risk and yes it works!!. Persistence paid off.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by maxvalutech; 01-16-2019, 11:19 PM.

Comment

Here in Milwaukee there are two places that residents of Milwaukee county can drop off up to 3 tv sets a day for free. I have asked if I can take some, trade mine for someone else's, and even pay to obtain them. Answer has always been no. I'm forced to scour Craigslist and Facebook marketplace for stock. Occasionally someone will break the law and leave one out on the curb, and I stumble across it. I wish we had a free cycle drop off trailer or bin to pick through.

Comment

Does anybody know how long American citizen can stay in Australia?

Comment

Originally posted by tvtimmy View Post
              Here in Milwaukee there are two places that residents of Milwaukee county can drop off up to 3 tv sets a day for free. I have asked if I can take some, trade mine for someone else's, and even pay to obtain them. Answer has always been no. I'm forced to scour Craigslist and Facebook marketplace for stock. Occasionally someone will break the law and leave one out on the curb, and I stumble across it. I wish we had a free cycle drop off trailer or bin to pick through.
              Looks like you will need to challenge your local government, much like non-Europeans back in the 1960s! And yes, it can mean ACLU-league, kids!
              Looks like the people running Milwaukee, are just geing pricks, like Victoria, Australia likes to be!
              Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 01-17-2019, 05:47 PM.
              ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

I sent an e-mail to the mayor's office and told them I would buy " other people's garbage " from them, saving taxpayers money and whatnot. Got the " go pound sand" response.
                It is a liberal fuckhead running the county. Search Milwaukee streetcar project for conformation. Way to go "choo-choo Tommy!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tvtimmy View Post
                  I sent an e-mail to the mayor's office and told them I would buy " other people's garbage " from them, saving taxpayers money and whatnot. Got the " go pound sand" response.
                  It is a liberal fuckhead running the county. Search Milwaukee streetcar project for conformation. Way to go "choo-choo Tommy!!!!!!!!!
                  Then go to the state-level and work your way up...
                  ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Put some ads up that you are buying junk, you will get a shit-ton of calls.

Comment

Working...
                    X