Asrock 939Dual-SATA2 - faulty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asrock 939Dual-SATA2 - faulty

Here is a old mobo, Asrock 939Dual-SATA2. Found it due to a friend of mine attic's cleaning, together with 7950 GX2 video card (which is working fine).
    The problem is the main board, is not working. I removed everything from it preparing to throw it away (before I will do some soldering lessons on it .
    Before I start, there is any way to fix it? It is nice mobo, it has AGP slot as well. I tried it to see if works, but when I plug it, not the power button, the fan of PSU & CPU spins a few seconds and stops. When I turn the power button on, the fan of cpu starts ok, and after a few seconds I here continuously bips, I cannot number them because the bips never stops.
    It also has burn smell on it. The board looks perfect. Checked every piece, (visually), and no signs of anything that could be the cause of the smell. (the smell of burn it was before the motherboard tested)
    The caps, most of them are OST 6.3V 1000UF, 3300uF and 1200uf KZE. All of them looks OK.
    Could be the caps?

Bin or not?
    Last edited by emy12; 09-19-2011, 08:22 AM.
    PC Cooler Master Centurion CAC-T01-EK/Q9550s/GA-EP45-DS4/GEIL Black Dragon 4GB/MSI 7790 OC/ 2.5 500 7200HDD/AX760W/Win 10 Pro

Re: Asrock 939Dual-SATA2 - faulty

When you see OST then yes, it could be the caps.
    Mann-Made Global Warming.
    - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
    -
    You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
    -

Comment

Working...
    X