Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P170EM with GTX970m bios and vbios

Hello from Romania.
    I have an old Multicom (Clevo) P170EM, with Prema BIOS P150EM_17_11_PM_v2 (from old times, when it was free on internet). By the way, i still have this bios available for someone who wants it.
    I buyied an Clevo GTX970m 6GB MXM video card to upgrade my dead card, but I cannot make it to function properly in my notebook. I understand that I need a special Prema vBIOS to make it work on my notebook.
    So, i ask anyone who has this vBIOS on his computer (or can save it from an working card in a laptop) to help sending it to me.
    Any ideas are welcome.
    Thank you.
    Last edited by therealovy77; 08-19-2022, 02:34 PM.

Re: P170EM with GTX970m bios and vbios

I got a Dell GTX675m from a friend, but is not detected in BIOS, it says at VGA : N/A (with the GTX970m it says EMPTY).
    I know that a lot of people says that Dell video cards do not work in Clevo notebook, but why? Is it hardware or the vBIOS? In pictures, the two boards (Clevo and Dell) looks the same to me.
    I can desolder and reprogram the vBIOS chip with Clevo BIOS, but is hard to do this and I need to know if this is the only solution, that someone did it and it worked...
    Thank you.
    Last edited by therealovy77; 09-07-2022, 08:23 AM.

Comment

No one?
      Last edited by therealovy77; 09-13-2022, 05:31 AM.

Comment

The card was fried (some memoryes were short-circuited), so after i get them down from the board, i did made some tests ..
        I put Clevo bios on it and is recognized by name in my notebook bios correctly. Windows also recognized it correctly and tryed to install a driver. But after that, other memoryes fried too (memory voltage was zero again) and the card was not detected
        So, my opinion is: a Dell (Alienware) cards works in P170EM, but with a Clevo BIOS (i did not tested it with Dell bios).
        I'll be back with news.
        Last edited by therealovy77; 09-23-2022, 06:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X