CyberPower 1500AVR - Repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CyberPower 1500AVR - Repair

Decent manufacturers got rid of it years ago, some by their own (Seasonic), some because it was killing them too (Enermax, who now manufactures in CWT fab; newer actually met CWT unit with this shit).
    Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
    Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

Another update
      Some of the parts has already arrived but while the Viper gets here. I have thoughts about the epoxy. I have loctite heavy duty epoxy but it does not work because it holds up 120 degrees Fahrenheit and not 94v - 0.
      Looking at possible alternatives I found on Loctite has a hysol epoxy but it does not come in syringes it only comes in bulk. Master Bond also has epoxy for various uses but being unable to find who sells them and it does come in syringes, and the pigmentation is in dark colors not in off-White like the board.
      Why do you guys suggest as an alternative epoxy or if I'm okay by using the one that I already have. I don't want it to catch on fire if there is anything wrong later on.
      A Picture of subject is always Welcome

Things saved from the e-landfill:
      Vizio VA26LHDTV10T 26" - Bad EEPROM Cap
      Asus PTGD1-LA Full Recap - Cha1 DDR socket damage
      MSI PM8M3-V Unstable CPU Recap CPU VRM circuit
      ViewSonic VA712B - still working on it
      Kindle Fire USB Connector
      MSI G31M-F Full Recap - Record Breaker done in 3Hrs.
      MSI P67A-G43 BIOS chip Reprogram - Tested and Happy

The list will go on thanks to the people of this forum and many hours of reading.

Comment

Nice work cleaning that board

I have had to this type of cleaning on boards when the caps leak and fail
        on servo board that I have repaired

I have clean them with flux remover and a dermal tool with a drill bit and use it like sand paper

I have not had use epoxy on the boards that I have repaired but on your board it like it is very thin in one spot on that board

I have not had to deal with that but what I have to deal with is the traces pealing off the board what can you use when this happens
        Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 12-10-2017, 08:13 AM.
        9 PC LCD Monitor
        6 LCD Flat Screen TV
        30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
        10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
        6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
        1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
        25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
        6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
        1 Dell Mother Board
        15 Computer Power Supply
        1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
        2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
        All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

You can use superglue too, it is not conductive. Just vaporizes when you solder it, very bad for eyes so be carefull. Also the cheap stuff hardens like plastic and could crack as it is not very flexible.
          Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
          Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

Working...
          X