Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung Plasma PN51D550 power light blinks 6 times

Hi there,

I can find vary little on my Samsung PN51D550 model other then seeing them for sell.

About 2 weeks ago the TV had a black screen but you could hear sound. After turning in off and back on we don't have sound anymore. What it does is the screen will flash real fast with colored static real fast and I mean real fast after plugging it in and the power light will blink red 6 times.

If I push something on the remote the TV power LED will flash but that is it. I have opened the back and see nothing wrong with the caps and so on.

I will say this also Samsung will not fix it even know it is under warranty it I should say up to the 5th due to the fact that there is a small crack on the screen less then half a inch in size but this has been on the TV for 10 months so I don't think it would have to due with the crack but could be wrong.

Matter of fact the crack is so small you can't even hardly see if and can't see it when the TV was on.

Anyone got any input on this would be of big help.

Thanks
    Oliver

Re: Samsung Plasma PN51D550 power light blinks 6 times

Usually a crack would be a fatal fault in the screen (would cause de-gassing of the panel), are you saying the screen was actually okay after 10 months? That is strange.

It sounds like bad capacitors (Samsung use cheap capacitors in their expensive TVs) or a bad logic board. Opening up your TV and taking pictures of all the major boards is a good start, so we can indicate where to start testing.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

When I get home today from work I will take photos of all the boards.

Yes I know that most of the time the panel would degas but it worked for 10 months after the crack. It could be my luck just ran out on the crack too I guess.

Someone from Samsung did come out and looked at it but did no testing as the first thing they do is look at the screen for cracks, seen it and was like that is what it is and we will not fix it.

I would just like to make 100% sure that it is not one of the boards before I strip the TV of parts to try and recover some of the cost of the TV.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by odwalker View Post
        When I get home today from work I will take photos of all the boards.

Yes I know that most of the time the panel would degas but it worked for 10 months after the crack. It could be my luck just ran out on the crack too I guess.

Someone from Samsung did come out and looked at it but did no testing as the first thing they do is look at the screen for cracks, seen it and was like that is what it is and we will not fix it.

I would just like to make 100% sure that it is not one of the boards before I strip the TV of parts to try and recover some of the cost of the TV.

Thanks
        I have PN51D490 and mine has done exactly as you described and no crack in the screen.

When I plug it in I can here the power relay come in, and then that's it.

Comment

Any updates on this issue? Where can I find what the 6 led blinks mean (power button on lower left corner)?

Comment

Originally posted by Mjsnow79 View Post
            Any updates on this issue? Where can I find what the 6 led blinks mean (power button on lower left corner)?
            I have a Samsung that I am having trouble with as well. When I turn mine on, the power button flashes 6 times as well. Here is the thread if you want to read up on whats going on with mine. Might be the same as yours.

Still troubleshooting mine right now, but its looking like the T-Con board.

Comment

The blinking light thing is normal. It's just the tv powering up out of standby. If the blinking light stops and you have 350+ volts on the primary capacitor on power supply, it's on and live.
              Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Originally posted by freakaftr8 View Post
                The blinking light thing is normal.....
                That's cool. Thought it might be some sort of service indicator or something.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X