Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Issue with Westinghouse 19" LCD Monitor (large pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Issue with Westinghouse 19" LCD Monitor (large pics)

W2X
    Q208 is W2T.

Comment

Originally posted by kahless View Post
      W2X
      Q208 is W2T.
      Thanks for the info!

Comment

I am working on a Westinghouse TV with board DAC-19m015. It has a nice little burn spot where L105 used to be. Can anyone tell me what is supposed to be there? Thanks in advance. :-)
        Craig
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by eiznekcm View Post
          It has a nice little burn spot where L105 used to be.
          L105 => L => inductor.
          --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
            L105 => L => inductor.
            Agree. L is for an inductor. You can see one in one of your pics ...
            There are 10 kind of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those who don't.
            • ASUS ROG Maximus IX Code
            • Intel Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz
            • 16gb GSKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200
            • 1 M2 SSD + 2 WD Blue 1TB (Mirrored)
            • Windows 10 Pro x64
            • GeForce GT1050
              2 x Acer KA240H + 1 Vewsonic VP2130 21 (a cap replacement job )

Comment

That's what I thought, but I wanted to make sure. :-)
              Since L105 is gone is there any way to find the correct inductor to replace it? Any ideas are welcome.
              Thanks again,
              Craig

Comment

Originally posted by eiznekcm View Post
                That's what I thought, but I wanted to make sure. :-)
                Since L105 is gone is there any way to find the correct inductor to replace it? Any ideas are welcome.
                Thanks again,
                Craig
                I had thought of searching for the service manual for the monitor and other monitors that use the same power supply. The I realized that a considerable amount of current passed through that inductor to destroy it AND damage the circuit trace next to it. There is certain to be additional damage.

PlainBill
                For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Good Point. Thank you. I will probably look for another board.
                  Craig

Comment

I may have missed it, but is there another MOSFET than can be used? Both Mouser and DigiKey show the 863-NTP45N06LG part as no longer available.

Thanks

Comment

Hello! I believe the original mosfet was a 40T03GP. These are readily available on Ebay.

Comment

I appreciate it! 6 on the way.

Comment

Originally posted by jetadm123 View Post
                          Hello! I believe the original mosfet was a 40T03GP. These are readily available on Ebay.
                          There are 10 kind of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those who don't.
                          • ASUS ROG Maximus IX Code
                          • Intel Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz
                          • 16gb GSKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200
                          • 1 M2 SSD + 2 WD Blue 1TB (Mirrored)
                          • Windows 10 Pro x64
                          • GeForce GT1050
                            2 x Acer KA240H + 1 Vewsonic VP2130 21 (a cap replacement job )

Comment

Another question about my DAC-19M015 power board.

On the solder side, to the right of the CE103 cap (1000uf, 25 vdc) (with the cap positioned to the top), there's a small black square labeled ZD100. It appears to be cracked.

Can anyone tell me what kind of component it might be, and the value?

Thanks

Comment

If the dac-19m005 is similar to your dac-19m015
                              The markings on the 005 board of zd100 read.The diode is closer to CE104 CAP.
                              PJ69
                              HU
                              Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

Could someone help me identify this diode? I have a couple of these that are shorted. I've replaced all the capacitors, 40T03GP MOSFET and checked all fuses. I found several SMD resistors that had very high resistance (0.2 ohms -> 1.9 megaohms) along with these shorted diodes.

I believe these are LL4148 diodes, but I would like someone who is familiar with these to verify. Thanks
                                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by alexanna View Post
                                  If the dac-19m005 is similar to your dac-19m015
                                  The markings on the 005 board of zd100 read.The diode is closer to CE104 CAP.
                                  PJ69
                                  HU
                                  After some discussions on another board, it appears that the prefix 'zd' stands for zener diode. We're guessing a 12 volt, 1 watt zener should do the trick.

I had emailed Delta Products about this board in hopes of getting a schematic and/or a parts list. I got back a fairly curt (snotty) reply basically telling me to take it up with Westinghouse. And we all know how they are.

Comment

Originally posted by mldenison View Post
                                    After some discussions on another board, it appears that the prefix 'zd' stands for zener diode. We're guessing a 12 volt, 1 watt zener should do the trick.

I had emailed Delta Products about this board in hopes of getting a schematic and/or a parts list. I got back a fairly curt (snotty) reply basically telling me to take it up with Westinghouse. And we all know how they are.
                                    It should be pointed out that this power supply - indeed, the entire monitor, is sold under a number of different labels.

Two sites that can be helpful are www.elektrotanya.com, which has a number of service manuals. Their 2 downloads a day limit will be lifted if you register.

Also, http://www.4shared.com/dir/7126951/4..._INVERTER.html has a number of original and third-party schematics for power supply / inverters.

PlainBill
                                    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Thanks for the links, Bill. I think I can get the power board schematic if I can ever come up with another model number. I thought I had it with a Viewsonic monitor, but it turned out to be a Delta DAC-19M010 unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by mldenison View Post
                                        Thanks for the links, Bill. I think I can get the power board schematic if I can ever come up with another model number. I thought I had it with a Viewsonic monitor, but it turned out to be a Delta DAC-19M010 unfortunately.
                                        This is a constant problem. Quite often we will find several different power supply / inverter boards and even logic cards used in a given model of monitor.

PlainBill

Comment

I have this same monitor: Westinghouse L2046NV. Same issue... but once I replaced all the caps and the mosfets, it still didn't work. The backlights would flicker for a second, and then go out... over and over. I finally found R210 (on the backside of the board) was bad. Ohm'd out it read 900K ohms... and it should be 10 ohms. Reads: 10R0. I replaced it and it fixed the issue. Just wanted to throw my two cents in to help others if they have the same issue. This one was killing me for a while.

Thanks to all those on this, very long, thread that have helped... the info was a great help to me.

Comment

Working...
                                          X