Capacitor Identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capacitor Identification

Can someone please help me get the values of these capacitors I have posted. I believe one is 220uF at 25 volts. Please correct me or add your input. Thank you
    Attached Files

Re: Capacitor Identification

Yes 220uf 25V and 100uF 25V. It's funny though that they would be 25V in a laptop motherboard.

Comment

Its from an HP Pavillion DV 1000-I'm losing screen brightness-very low light. I switched the inverter board and it made no difference. Hopefully these new caps will work out. Thank you

Comment

25V... for 19-20V power adapter.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Looks like PL3 is cracked too.
          Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

Thank you for the response. I am just beginning to work on this. Any help is appreciated. As I mentioned - the 14" screen on this is very hard to see. I can adjust the brightness with the Graphic Adapter but it still has a very low brightness level. Its just confusing. I hope to get it resolved--Thank you

Comment

First--thank you for pointing that out-then--what is it. I see the crack--is that something that I can replace?? Thank you for your good eyes.

Comment

PL3 and PL12 (the one with 2R5 written on it) seem to be both cracked.

These are inductors - big coils of wire wrapped around a metalic or magnetic core. If they're cracked and it's not by design, they may no longer work as intended but rather as weaker inductors.

PL3 is probably 150uH in value, the other one...I can't tell from the 2R5 code. However, you can't really replace it with any 150uH inductor, you need to know the peak current of that inductor (in Amps), the resistance (in mOhms)...

It would be best to get a service manual for this laptop or another model from the same series, and see what the service manual lists for these.

Comment

Working...
                X