Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plasma Panel Experiments 2

Hi again,

This is a follow-up posting to my original "Plasma Panel Experiments" posting.
    Briefly, I am looking to light-up a few pixels of an old plasma panel just to satisfy curiosity.
    The initial stage was research which has been successful thanks to help from a member of this forum and I now feel ready to apply some Volts to varios pins of the display panel.

The only issue I still have is in relating the groups of connections on the PDP to connections described in some of the "theory" texts I have read. In particular the International Rectifier company application note (an-1088) does a pretty good job of explining PDP operation but the names they use to identify the electrodes does not seem to match the PDP I have.

I understand that different manufactures use different names to describe PDP connections so I am somewhat confused.

With reference to the images below I wonder if someone could relate the electrode identifications used in the application note (image Plasma_1.png) to that of the picture of the LG TV & PDP identical to the one I have as shown in Plasma_2.png.

The only connections I am certain of on my LG TV/PDP are those shown on the right hand side of Plasma_2.png which are the Z_Sustain connections. But my PDP also has a number of connections on the left hand side and bottom of the picture as indicated by the "???" in the image.

I wonder if someone could confirm the electrode names and how they relate to the application note electrode names please?

Regards,

Des (electroyeti)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by electroyeti; 08-30-2017, 07:42 AM. Reason: Typos!
Working...
X