Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Service manual for CA azure 650r

Hi everyone.
    As per the title - I'm looking for a service manual for cambridge audio azur 650r.
    I could not find one in elektrotanya or hifiengine ( the two places I usually use ) or in the first few google search pages.
    The unit seems to be very similar to 640r ( for which I have a SM ), but there are some differences exactly where I think my problem is ( the video board ).
    Thanks in advance.

Re: Service manual for CA azure 650r

Well, from CA were good enough to send me the service manual.
    I do not know what's wrong with that model, but as if it has never been produced by cambridge audio. They do not even show it on their website... probably because they are ashamed by the build quality . The strangest thing is that, the thing from which usually everyone saves money - the power supply, seems to be really good - 1400W toroidal transformer, the boards also look fine, but the soldering job is awful and the caps are chang.

Comment

Originally posted by madan1 View Post
      Well, from CA were good enough to send me the service manual.
      I do not know what's wrong with that model, but as if it has never been produced by cambridge audio. They do not even show it on their website... probably because they are ashamed by the build quality . The strangest thing is that, the thing from which usually everyone saves money - the power supply, seems to be really good - 1400W toroidal transformer, the boards also look fine, but the soldering job is awful and the caps are chang.

This model sometimes drops audio completely until power cycled.

Comment

Originally posted by Sojke
        Have you managed to fix yours? Mine just looses audio all of a sudden in the first 10 minutes of operation. Some time it first deforms the audio and makes it noisy seconds before loosing it completely.
        When turned off and on again it regains audio.
        Sounds like an preamplify and earlier stage problem but I couldnĀ“t identify it. The only strange thing I saw is that the selector is working at +6.7V and -6.7V instead of 7.5 .
        Hello there, yes, I fixed mine unit.
        The problem was bad solder joints on the bridge rectifier circled in red on the image bellow.
        After I resoldered it, the unit started to work fine.
        I also had bad path which needed some attention ( one of those going to the connector under the "Cambridge Audio" stamp on the video board ).
        The circled in green solder joints on my unit also were not in good shape.
        So, for start I would suggest that you inspect the same things on your unit + the circled in yellow ( those are again voltage regulators which tend to run very hot 70+C* ). Also you might want to check the capacitors of all regulators ( several on the top/video board and few more on the side board/ yellow circles ).
        Attached Files
        Last edited by madan1; 12-01-2018, 01:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X