JMB tv wont turn on MP3618-V50 burnt wire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JMB tv wont turn on MP3618-V50 burnt wire

Hello i have a JMB 50/204I-GB-5B-FHKUP-UK, apparently it made a bang and they could smell burning. Stand by light comes on but when you press power goes off then comes back on again.
    I assumed it was a cap on the power supply as ive repaired 2 tvs by doing this before with help from this forum.
    As you can see i found a burnt wire and all caps look fine.
    Ive found some replacement boards on ebay but wanted to know if i could repair it myself for cheaper?

Attached Files

Re: JMB tv wont turn on MP3618-V50 burnt wire

It looks like the transformer lead had a bad solder connection to the board, and it was arcing, remove the board and check the solder connections to the transformer, You might get lucky and all that is needed id to resolder the connections
    Clean any black carbon and provide clear pictures of the other side of the board
    Also check Q15 and R137,R138,R77,R78 as they might be damaged
    Last edited by R_J; 12-06-2018, 10:50 AM.

Comment

thanks RJ i took the power supply off and as you say the solder was all burnt off and wire was loose. I cleaned carbon off, soldered tried it and tv is working

Comment

Good to here, Its usually a good idea to resolder all the transformer connections and any components that are attached to heatsinks, they can also loosen over time.

Comment

Working...
        X